Certified Medical Assistant – CMA / Receptionist (Behavioral Health)
Department: Behavioral Health
Type: FTE: 1.0 Full-Time
About the Job:
As a Medical Assistant, will be responsible for patient care under the direction of a credentialed provider. Assists provider in coordinating patient care. Functions as primary liaison between patients and provider. Also, may also work as a Behavioral Health Services Receptionist who will arrive patients, schedule patient visits, greet patients, answer phones and relay necessary messages to clinic staff.
- High school graduate or
- Graduate of a medical assistant CAAHEP or ABHES approved program or equivalent experience.
- CMA or CCMA credential
- Current Health Care Providers CPR certification.
- One year clinic experience
- Strong medical terminology
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of EPIC EHR or ability to be proficient within four weeks of
- Competency with relevant medications and injection
- Demonstrates legible
- Demonstrates high standards of performance, pleasantness, and courtesy. Has professional appearance and
- Demonstrates high quality telephone
- Ability to use Windows based computer
- The ability to use a micro-transcriber as well as accurately type fifty (50) words per minute utilizing word processing
Shift Time: 8-, 10- hour shifts
Benefits and Salary:
Commensurate with position and experience. Comprehensive benefits package to include: medical, HSA, dental, 403(b) with employer match of 5%, PTO, wellness benefits, etc.
MMC is a regional medical center that serves patients from 7 counties in northwest Wisconsin and Gogebic County in Michigan. We have more than 60 full-time physicians and specialists on-staff and over 500 employees who are dedicated to providing quality care. Our charming city of Ashland, WI is located on the shores of Lake Superior near Bayfield and the 21 Apostle Islands, and boasts a strong community, historic charm, modern conveniences and abundant opportunities for outdoor recreation. Our passion and driving force is to see the people of our community live healthy, productive lives.Apply Now