Certified Medical Assistant **SIGN ON INCENTIVE AVAILABLE**
Department: Orthopedics - Specialty Services
Type: Full-Time (FTE: 0.9)
About the Job:
Responsible for patient care under the direction of a physician. Assists physician in coordinating patient care. Functions as primary liaison between patients and physician.
**$3,000 sign-on incentive will be $1,500 after 6 months & another $1,500 after 12 months for a 1 year commitment** -Total amount is pro-rated based on FTE-
**$5,000 sign-on incentive will be paid in increments after 6, 12, and 24 months for a 2 year commitment** -Total amount is pro-rated based on FTE-
- High school graduate or GED.
- Graduate of a medical assistant CAAHEP or ABHES approved program or equivalent experience.
- CMA or LPN credential required or ability to obtain within 6 months.
- Current Health Care Providers CPR certification.
- One year clinic experience.
- Strong medical terminology skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of EPIC EHR or ability to be proficient within four weeks of hire.
- Competency with relevant medications and injection procedures.
Shift Time: Monday-Friday, standard medical practice hours
Benefits and Salary:
Commensurate with position and experience. Comprehensive benefits package to include: medical, HSA, dental, 403(b) with employer match of 5%, PTO, wellness benefits, etc.
MMC is a regional medical center that serves patients from 7 counties in northwest Wisconsin and Gogebic County in Michigan. We have more than 60 full-time physicians and specialists on-staff and over 500 employees who are dedicated to providing quality care. Our charming city of Ashland, WI is located on the shores of Lake Superior near Bayfield and the 21 Apostle Islands, and boasts a strong community, historic charm, modern conveniences and abundant opportunities for outdoor recreation. Our passion and driving force is to see the people of our community live healthy, productive lives.Apply Now