Certified Nurse Assistant – Referral and Scheduling Specialist (Urology)
Department: Urology - Specialty Services
Type: FTE: 0.9 Full-Time
About the Job:
Specialty Services CNA Referral and Scheduling Specialist is responsible for patient care under the direction of a physician, RN, and Specialty Services Nurse Manager. Assists physician in coordinating patient care within physician practice. Manages referrals and schedules appropriately per protocols. Functions as liaison between patients, staff and physician.
- Nursing Assistants are to be listed on the Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry
- Requires strong knowledge of medical terminology.
- Must possess basic computer knowledge and use of hospital software to function within assigned role of referral and scheduling specialist.
Must be proficient within 4 weeks of hire
- Must have legible penmanship.
- Must be able to spell accurately.
- Must be able to follow orders precisely and keep accurate records.
- Must be able to speak the English language and write in an understandable manner.
- Must be competent to serve specific patient populations served.
- Supports and implements Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action initiatives with area of responsibility.
- Basic Life Support
Shift Time: 8- hour shifts
Benefits and Salary:
Commensurate with position and experience. Comprehensive benefits package to include: medical, HSA, dental, 403(b) with employer match of 5%, PTO, wellness benefits, etc.
MMC is a regional medical center that serves patients from 7 counties in northwest Wisconsin and Gogebic County in Michigan. We have more than 60 full-time physicians and specialists on-staff and over 500 employees who are dedicated to providing quality care. Our charming city of Ashland, WI is located on the shores of Lake Superior near Bayfield and the 21 Apostle Islands, and boasts a strong community, historic charm, modern conveniences and abundant opportunities for outdoor recreation. Our passion and driving force is to see the people of our community live healthy, productive lives.Apply Now