Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA)
Department: Rehabilitation Services
Type: FTE: 0.8 Part-Time, PRN
About the Job:
The COTA is responsible to treat patients and students, and to organize and develop occupational therapy services to assure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
- Must possess an associate’s degree in occupational therapy from an accredited technical school.
- Must be certified in the State of Wisconsin.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language.
- Must be CPR certified.
- Must possess leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously with professional and non-professional personnel.
- Competently follows orders professionally and confidentially.
- Demonstrates high standards of performance, pleasantness and courtesy.
- Has professional appearance and demeanor.
- Must be able to understand equipment and pay attention to detail.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with others.
- Must be able to keyboard at 45 wpm.
- Must have familiarity with computers. Previous experience with order entry and/or patient scheduling software systems preferred.
- Prior experience in secretarial/receptionist duties helpful.
Shift Time: 8- hour shifts
Benefits and Salary:
Commensurate with position and experience. Comprehensive benefits package to include: medical, HSA, dental, 403(b) with employer match of 5%, PTO, wellness benefits, etc.
MMC is a regional medical center that serves patients from 7 counties in northwest Wisconsin and Gogebic County in Michigan. We have more than 60 full-time physicians and specialists on-staff and over 500 employees who are dedicated to providing quality care. Our charming city of Ashland, WI is located on the shores of Lake Superior near Bayfield and the 21 Apostle Islands, and boasts a strong community, historic charm, modern conveniences and abundant opportunities for outdoor recreation. Our passion and driving force is to see the people of our community live healthy, productive lives.Apply Now