Diagnostic Medical Sonographer ** SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE **
Employment Status: Full-Time
The Diagnostic Medical Sonographer performs a full range of ultrasound procedures at a technical level. Assumes responsibility for designated areas or procedures as required. When on call, is able to perform ultrasound procedures as necessary.
Experience based on completion of specific exam competencies in Ultrasound, with job training at Memorial Medical Center, Ashland, Wisconsin. Successfully complete job specific orientation & job duties determined by the Radiology Director, along with evaluations from all Radiologists. Employee must meet basic educational requirements and operator skills.
**Sign on bonus up to $5,000 available**
New grads starting at $32.94/hour, higher rates offered depending on experience.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Produces Ultrasound Scans:
- Positions and transfers patients.
- Provides immobilization devices as required.
- Selects and operates equipment as directed.
- Selects proper technical factors on an individual patient basis.
- Responsible for delegated area of authority in the performance of routine or special procedures.
- Responsible for performing ultrasound exams on patients to include: abdomen, obstetrical and gynecological, small parts (ie> breast, testicles, etc.) Cardiac and Doppler applications for carotid, peripheral vascular structures, etc.
- Initiates or assists in performing first aid or CPR as necessary. CPR certification is mandatory.
- Practices approved sterile techniques and prevents cross contamination.
- Demonstrates competency in performing these procedures on all patient populations served.
Performs administrative responsibilities:
- Maintains adequate records as directed.
- Assists with typing and clerical work as necessary.
- Maintains orderliness and cleanliness.
- Follows written and verbal instructions.
- Secures and return supplies.
- Cooperates with all personnel in the proper conduct of the department.
- Maintains ethical relationships.
- Knows and adheres to all hospital and department policies and procedures.
- Participates in staff meetings as requested.
- Participates in disaster and fire exercises as assigned.
- Participates in establishing a climate that facilitates a positive work environment.
- Practices and promotes good customer relations with patients, refereeing professionals, visitors, and other clinic personnel at all times.
- Is a cooperative member of the health care team.
- Is responsible and reasonable in requesting time off.
- Maintains acceptable attendance record.
- Rotates shifts within the department as required.
- Rotates night call, weekends, and holidays.
- May be required to assist in the development of technical factors and new procedures.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Recommended Professional Associations: American Society of Radiologic Technologists, Wisconsin Society of Radiologic Technologists, Minnesota Society of Diagnostic Ultrasound, Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers, Society of Non-Invasive Vascular Technology, and Society of Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographers.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
- See Education / Licensure / Certification Qualifications section.
Education / Licensure / Certification Qualifications:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Graduate of an approved school of Radiologic Technology, and/or approved ultrasound school.
- CPR/BLS Certifications
- Registered and current with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) and/or American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS).
Registered Eligible (ARRT or ARDMS) and able to obtain registry within 6 months of hired date required by Memorial Medical Center.
- Must be able to complete OB/GYN and Abdomen board certification (ARDMS) within 1 year of hired date.
- Also expected to pursue vascular, breast, and cardiac certification when applicable and determined by radiology director.
8- and 12-hour shifts.
Benefits and Salary:
MMC offers employees a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment
*eligibility criteria must be met to participate in insurance plans. Not all employees may be eligible.
403 (b) Retirement Savings Plan
All employees are eligible to participate in the savings plan. Through payroll deductions, you can elect to contribute pre-tax and/or post-tax basis towards your retirement. We offer matching contributions for eligible employees.
Paid Time Off
MMC employees receive generous time off for vacations, illness and other personal matters.
MMC is a regional medical center that serves patients from 7 counties in northwest Wisconsin and Gogebic County in Michigan. We have more than 60 full-time physicians and specialists on-staff and over 500 employees who are dedicated to providing quality care. Our charming city of Ashland, WI is located on the shores of Lake Superior near Bayfield and the 21 Apostle Islands, and boasts a strong community, historic charm, modern conveniences and abundant opportunities for outdoor recreation. Our passion and driving force is to see the people of our community live healthy, productive lives. EOE.Apply Now