Entrance Sorter (Temporary Position)
Employment Status: Full-Time, Temporary
Department: Patient Access
The Sorter is responsible for providing good customer service while assisting patients in finding their best access for care while protecting the campus from exposure to COVID-19/communicable disease. Shows caring and compassion, knowledge of hospital layout, and attention to patient safety.
***TEMPORARY POSITION EXPECTED TO LAST LESS THAN 1 YEAR***
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Greets and sorts patients to appropriate department as required.
- Performs duties which assist in providing an efficient and clean work environment.
- Is responsible for self-development.
- Adheres to principles and practices of infection control.
- Maintains a safe environment for patients/family and staff.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must be able to demonstrate safe transfer of patients in and out of wheelchairs.
- Comfortable with following and providing directions.
- Follows safety protocols for transport and identification of patients.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language.
- Must be able to demonstrate outstanding customer service skills and remain calm and level headed in stressful situations.
- CPR Training required within first six months of employment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education / Licensure / Certification Qualifications:
Certified Nursing Assistant or other experience in a patient care setting required.
Benefits and Salary:
MMC offers employees a competitive benefits package that includes:
*eligibility criteria must be met to participate in insurance plans. Not all employees may be eligible.
403 (b) Retirement Savings Plan
All employees are eligible to participate in the savings plan. Through payroll deductions, you can elect to contribute pre-tax and/or post-tax basis towards your retirement. We offer matching contributions for eligible employees.
Paid Time Off
MMC employees receive generous time off for vacations, illness and other personal matters.
MMC is a regional medical center that serves patients from 7 counties in northwest Wisconsin and Gogebic County in Michigan. We have more than 60 full-time physicians and specialists on-staff and over 500 employees who are dedicated to providing quality care. Our charming city of Ashland, WI is located on the shores of Lake Superior near Bayfield and the 21 Apostle Islands, and boasts a strong community, historic charm, modern conveniences and abundant opportunities for outdoor recreation. Our passion and driving force is to see the people of our community live healthy, productive lives. EOE.Apply Now