Environmental Services Technician/Assistant
Department: Environmental Services
Type: Full-Time (FTE: 0.9)
About the Job:
The Environmental Services Assistant/Technician provides cleaning and servicing in all areas of the hospital and behavioral health building as assigned and supervised by the E.S. Supervisor and/or Director of Environmental Services. Provides a clean, safe and sanitary environment for patients, visitors and employees. Performs duties efficiently with a commitment to quality and excellence.
- Provides Cleaning and Servicing in all Areas as Assigned and Supervised by the E.S. Supervisor/Director in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Performs Specialized Duties which Assist in Maintaining a Safe and Clean Environment.
- Is Responsible for Demonstrating Good Work Habits.
- Is Responsible for Self-Development.
- Must be willing and able to perform repetitive tasks in an assigned area to maintain standards of cleanliness.
- Must be willing and able to work rotating shifts and shifts of varying length.
- Follow written and oral instructions, interact with all members of the healthcare team and respond appropriately to all requests.
- Must be able to read instructions, policies and procedures, chemical product labels, safety rules, equipment maintenance guidelines, etc., and complete documentation of work performed.
- Must be willing and able to be trained on use of equipment and tools such as wet and dry vacuums, automatic floor scrubber, carpet extractor, computer and any new equipment resulting from new product or best practices.
- Must be willing to be trained, or able to complete online training requirements as required.
- Previous environmental services experience preferred.
- Attendance in Institutional Housekeeping courses, certification by the State of Wisconsin is encouraged.
Shift Time: 8-hour shifts; Variable
Benefits and Salary:
Commensurate with position and experience. Comprehensive benefits package to include: medical, HSA, dental, 403(b) with employer match of 5%, PTO, wellness benefits, etc.
MMC is a regional medical center that serves patients from 7 counties in northwest Wisconsin and Gogebic County in Michigan. We have more than 60 full-time physicians and specialists on-staff and over 500 employees who are dedicated to providing quality care. Our charming city of Ashland, WI is located on the shores of Lake Superior near Bayfield and the 21 Apostle Islands, and boasts a strong community, historic charm, modern conveniences and abundant opportunities for outdoor recreation. Our passion and driving force is to see the people of our community live healthy, productive lives.Apply Now