Food Service Worker
Department: Nutrition Services
Type: Part-Time (FTE: 0.5)
About the Job:
The Food Service Worker is responsible for safe food preparation and excellent customer service for patients, visitors and employees. Responsible for maintaining high standard of quality food production and portion control, and maintaining high safety and sanitation standards based on the Food Code and HACCP principles. Performs duties efficiently and with a commitment to quality and service.
**2 Open Positions**
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to speak the English language and write in an understandable manner, follow written and oral instructions, interact with all members of the healthcare team and respond appropriately to all requests.
- Some formal or on-the-job training in food preparation for quantity cooking is preferred.
- Must be able to understand and apply food sanitation laws.
- Must be able to work cooperatively with others.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have basic knowledge of Microsoft office applications
- Must be able to work flexible, changing shifts including early morning and evening hours.
Shift Time: 8- hour shifts
Benefits and Salary:
Commensurate with position and experience. Comprehensive benefits package to include: medical, HSA, dental, 403(b) with employer match of 5%, PTO, wellness benefits, etc.
MMC is a regional medical center that serves patients from 7 counties in northwest Wisconsin and Gogebic County in Michigan. We have more than 60 full-time physicians and specialists on-staff and over 500 employees who are dedicated to providing quality care. Our charming city of Ashland, WI is located on the shores of Lake Superior near Bayfield and the 21 Apostle Islands, and boasts a strong community, historic charm, modern conveniences and abundant opportunities for outdoor recreation. Our passion and driving force is to see the people of our community live healthy, productive lives.Apply Now