Information Security Administrator
Department: Information Systems
Type: Full-Time (FTE: 1.0)
About the Job:
Please note: this position would be able to work at Memorial Medical Center (Ashland, WI) or Hayward Area Memorial Hospital (Hayward, WI). Remote work would be considered, depending on experience and qualifications.
The Information security administrator will be responsible for all security protocols related to Regional Enterprises Inc’s information infrastructure and network. They work with system administrators to track down security vulnerabilities in the information sharing network to ensure that such weaknesses in the system are addressed and remedied efficiently. Administrator to work continuously on security measures and applications designed to mitigate the risk of malicious intrusion into the network’s information sharing structure and internet file sharing. They monitor and upgrade malware, anti-trojan, virus detection, intrusion detection & prevention systems. Conduct analysis on the information sharing structure; and test for security vulnerabilities. Administrator to research new anti-intrusion applications and test their effectiveness against the network’s and organization’s security protocols and requirements. Create and implement policies, protocols, and procedures for the Organization; as well as managed campaigns testing end user security awareness. Responsible for presenting reports based on risk analysis of the information sharing network.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or Information Security, Associate Degree in Information Systems or Information Security, or other related IT Security areas is preferred.
- Experience in Healthcare IT preferred but not necessary.
- Experience in information security or related field 3 plus years
- Experience with computer network penetration testing and techniques.
- Understanding of firewalls, proxies, SIEM, antivirus, and IDPS concepts.
- Ability to identify and mitigate network vulnerabilities and explain how to avoid them.
- Understanding of patch management with the ability to deploy patches in a timely manner while understanding business impact.
Shift Time: 8-hour shifts; May be required to take call
Benefits and Salary:
Commensurate with position and experience. Comprehensive benefits package to include: medical, HSA, dental, 403(b) with employer match of 5%, PTO, wellness benefits, etc.
MMC is a regional medical center that serves patients from 7 counties in northwest Wisconsin and Gogebic County in Michigan. We have more than 60 full-time physicians and specialists on-staff and over 500 employees who are dedicated to providing quality care. Our charming city of Ashland, WI is located on the shores of Lake Superior near Bayfield and the 21 Apostle Islands, and boasts a strong community, historic charm, modern conveniences and abundant opportunities for outdoor recreation. Our passion and driving force is to see the people of our community live healthy, productive lives. EOE.Apply Now