IS Helpdesk Technician
Employment Status: Full-Time
Department: INFORMATION SYSTEMS
The IS Helpdesk Technician will use his/her knowledge and skills to solve computer problems and to enable computer technology to meet the individual needs of internal and external customers of Regional Enterprises, Incorporated. This position will provide server/client installation, computer equipment support, assistance in the training and proper use of software applications, network wide security management, information management, and data backup solutions. IS Helpdesk Technician will be directly involved in planning and developing new computer systems or devising ways to apply existing systems’ resources to additional operations. This person must devote time to enhancing the Helpdesk support process and finding ways to provide effective customer service in an efficient manner. Show a skill set in defining the goals of a system and understanding the individual steps used to achieve them so that a problem can be broken down into separate troubleshooting procedures. In conjunction with other information systems staff and vendors, the IS Helpdesk Technician will provide needed skills to maintain IT daily operations. S/he will need to travel between facilities supported by the REI Information Systems Department.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Confers with personnel of organizational units involved to analyze current operational procedures, identify problems, and learn specific input and output requirements.
- Writes detailed description of user needs, program functions, network projects, and steps required to develop or modify the objective.
- Plans and prepares technical reports, memoranda, and instructional manuals as documentation of program development.
- May upgrade systems and correct errors to maintain systems after implementation.
- Assists in resolution of work problems related to non-efficient environment.
- Studies and monitors system integrity of all computer/network equipment.
- Provides server/client installation, computer equipment support, assistance in the training and proper use of software applications, network wide security management, information management, release management, query writing, data backup solutions.
- Communicates in a positive, compassionate and professional manner with patients, staff and visitors.
- Demonstrates a willingness to assume additional responsibilities.
- Delivers quality customer service in a professional, compassionate manner with respect for the dignity of all.
- Shows sensitivity and respect for individuals, co-workers, patients and families.
- Is thorough in accomplishing a task through concern for all areas affecting outcomes, no matter how small. Expresses concern that work be done correctly and thoroughly.
- Adapts easily to and is a facilitator of change. Sees the value of differing positions and adapts own positions and strategies in response to new information or changes in a situation.
- Gathers information in order to define problems, diagnose issues and look beyond the surface.
- Solves problems and meets objectives before being asked to do so. Is a self-starter rather than someone who just passively complies with instructions or work orders.
- Takes responsibility for decisions and remains accountable to all REI supported facilities.
- Establishes a rapport with people easily. Develops and maintains a network of contacts who can provide information, help and access to others. Establishes a climate of trust, confidence and mutual respect.
- Maintains stable performance and emotional control when faced with opposition, pressure or hostility from others and/or stressful situations.
- Discovers and meets internal and external customers’ needs in a manner that provides satisfaction for the customer.
- Knows personal skill limits and takes steps to acquire new skills.
- Shows leadership qualities while performing job functions.
- Develops cooperation and teamwork while working as a part of a group. Works toward solutions which benefit the involved parties.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the link between own job responsibilities and the overall mission, values, goals and needs of all REI supported facilities.
- Performs own job with the broader goals in mind.
- Complies with all safety and emergency policies and procedures.
- Adheres to all infection control policies, practices and procedures.
- Supports and adheres to all policies and procedures and practices of supported institutions and the Information Systems department as outlined in the employee handbook, department policy and procedure manual.
- Maintains confidentiality when interacting with patients, families, personnel and the public.
- Greets patients, families, visitors and other personnel appropriately.
Qualifications and Skills:
A background in one or more of the following areas: hardware technician, software technician, technical support, network administrator, internet/intranet implementation, or healthcare information systems. A minimum of two years experience with information systems and five plus years experience in a healthcare business environment is preferred.
Education / Licensure / Certification Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in Information Systems, Associate Degree in Information Systems, or related areas is preferred. Related experience in a network setting may substitute for a degree.
- 8 hour shifts
Benefits and Salary:
MMC offers employees a competitive benefits package that includes:
*eligibility criteria must be met to participate in insurance plans. Not all employees may be eligible.
403 (b) Retirement Savings Plan
All employees are eligible to participate in the savings plan. Through payroll deductions, you can elect to contribute pre-tax and/or post-tax basis towards your retirement. We offer matching contributions for eligible employees.
Paid Time Off
MMC employees receive generous time off for vacations, illness and other personal matters.
MMC is a regional medical center that serves patients from 7 counties in northwest Wisconsin and Gogebic County in Michigan. We have more than 60 full-time physicians and specialists on-staff and over 500 employees who are dedicated to providing quality care. Our charming city of Ashland, WI is located on the shores of Lake Superior near Bayfield and the 21 Apostle Islands, and boasts a strong community, historic charm, modern conveniences and abundant opportunities for outdoor recreation. Our passion and driving force is to see the people of our community live healthy, productive lives. EOE.Apply Now