Employment Status: Full-Time
Department: MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS
The Marketing & Communication Specialist will be responsible for implementing projects and materials that help to establish the hospital image and identity for the customers served by Memorial Medical Center. The Specialist is responsible for the execution of MMC’s marketing and communication strategies as well as the placement of MMC’s public image (ads, billboards and all external images).
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Contributes to Marketing/Communication team efforts
- Photographs Hospital and MMC Events
- Counsels and Provides Technical Assistance to Hospital Related Groups and Physician Clinics as Directed
- Coordinates or Assists in Coordinating Special Events for the Hospital
- Writes and Coordinates News Articles, Feature Articles, and Ads on a Weekly Basis
- Produces Internal Communication Tools
- Researches and Writes News Releases as Necessary
- Coordinates website and digital efforts on behalf of MMC
- Coordinates process and plan for Community Health Improvement Plan
- Supervises the Maintenance of New Clipping and Photo Files
Qualifications and Skills:
- Layout Skills
- Creative Services
- Customer Focus
- Attention to Detail
- Desktop Publishing Tools on Mac
- Acute Vision
- Must be Macintosh computer literate, with knowledge of desktop publishing strongly preferred.
- Must possess strong communication skills, including demonstrated ability to write for a wide variety of audiences.
Patient Population Served: Although direct patient contact and care is not required by the Marketing & Communication Specialist, their work may require contact with customers of Memorial Medical Center. Those customers cover all age groups, including infant/toddler, young child, older child, adolescent, young adult, middle adult, older adult (80 and older).
Education / Licensure / Certification Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
8 hour shifts
Benefits and Salary:
MMC offers employees a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment
*eligibility criteria must be met to participate in insurance plans. Not all employees may be eligible.
403 (b) Retirement Savings Plan
All employees are eligible to participate in the savings plan. Through payroll deductions, you can elect to contribute pre-tax and/or post-tax basis towards your retirement. We offer matching contributions for eligible employees.
Paid Time Off
MMC employees receive generous time off for vacations, illness and other personal matters.
MMC is a regional medical center that serves patients from 7 counties in northwest Wisconsin and Gogebic County in Michigan. We have more than 60 full-time physicians and specialists on-staff and over 500 employees who are dedicated to providing quality care. Our charming city of Ashland, WI is located on the shores of Lake Superior near Bayfield and the 21 Apostle Islands, and boasts a strong community, historic charm, modern conveniences and abundant opportunities for outdoor recreation. Our passion and driving force is to see the people of our community live healthy, productive lives. EOE.Apply Now