Medical Technologist (MT) or Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) ** SIGN ON INCENTIVE AVAILABLE **
Type: Full-Time (FTE: 0.9)
About the Job:
Will be responsible for prompt and accurate performance of laboratory work in the various divisions of the laboratory.
**Sign on incentive up to $10,000 for MT, and $5,000 for MLT’s available**
3 Open Positions
Salary: $26.30 – $33.02 an hour
- The MT/MLT will be assigned to regular, routine laboratory work in various divisions of the lab.
- Specific assignments may be changed as necessitated by varying workloads.
- Performs assigned work promptly and accurately.
- Keeps work area clean and neat at all times.
- Assists in training new lab employees, student technicians and aides by demonstration of techniques and supervision of tests.
- Follows lab procedures for specimen acquisition, handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test results.
- Uses appropriate quality control and verifies QC criteria is acceptable before releasing reports.
- Adheres to the lab’s quality control policies and documents all QC activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed.
- Successfully completes an annual competency for each lab section and test method assigned.
- Assists in competency assessments of other testing staff as assigned.
- Capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results.
- Is capable of advance troubleshooting and problem solving.
- If unable to correct a problem, immediately notifies the section head, director or Medical Director.
- Documents all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
- Assists with performance improvement activities.
- Opportunity for growth as a Section head.
- Performs other duties as assigned by a section head, lab director or Pathologist.
- Must be registered or eligible as a MLT, CLT (ASCP), or MLT (AMT), and/or HHS certified and qualify as general supervisors as outlined in CLIA regulations, or individuals with equivalent training, preferably with practical experience in general laboratory work.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language.
- Must have demonstrated organizational skills.
- Must have demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must have ability to work independently.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
Shift Time: 8-, 10-, and 12- hour shifts; Rotating shifts
Benefits and Salary:
Commensurate with position and experience. Comprehensive benefits package to include: medical, HSA, dental, 403(b) with employer match of 5%, PTO, wellness benefits, etc.
MMC is a regional medical center that serves patients from 7 counties in northwest Wisconsin and Gogebic County in Michigan. We have more than 60 full-time physicians and specialists on-staff and over 500 employees who are dedicated to providing quality care. Our charming city of Ashland, WI is located on the shores of Lake Superior near Bayfield and the 21 Apostle Islands, and boasts a strong community, historic charm, modern conveniences and abundant opportunities for outdoor recreation. Our passion and driving force is to see the people of our community live healthy, productive lives. EOE.Apply Now