Department: Staff Development
Type: FTE: PRN
About the Job:
A Registered Nurse who oversees and coordinates the AHA and other certifications. Assists with the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of staff orientation and development. Works in conjunction with the managers, preceptors, and directors of clinical and non-clinical areas.
- Must maintain a current WI RN license.
- BSN required; advanced degree in education is preferred.
- Assists in assessing the education needs of staff.
- Assists with developing, planning, implementing, and evaluating staff education.
- Works with leadership to plan, schedule, and coordinate required education.
- Coordinates and teaches in skills lab, and new employee orientation, as needed.
- Certified AHA instructor, including BLS, ACLS, and PALS.
- Manages and teaches certification classes. Ensures the employee certification process is completed and the compliance requirements align with governing organizations and hospital policy. Monitors employee compliance with certifications. Acts as a resource for staff.
- Has a minimum of three years of nursing practice and patient experience in a hospital based setting.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing, including the ability to make effective group presentations in English.
- Must be competent with Microsoft Office applications and able to learn other required software within 30 days of hire.
- Must be competent in maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of employee and patient information.
- Staff Development Certification preferred.
Shift Time: 8- hour shifts
Benefits and Salary:
Commensurate with position and experience. Comprehensive benefits package to include: medical, HSA, dental, 403(b) with employer match of 5%, PTO, wellness benefits, etc.
MMC is a regional medical center that serves patients from 7 counties in northwest Wisconsin and Gogebic County in Michigan. We have more than 60 full-time physicians and specialists on-staff and over 500 employees who are dedicated to providing quality care. Our charming city of Ashland, WI is located on the shores of Lake Superior near Bayfield and the 21 Apostle Islands, and boasts a strong community, historic charm, modern conveniences and abundant opportunities for outdoor recreation. Our passion and driving force is to see the people of our community live healthy, productive lives.Apply Now