Nurse Manager (Periop)
Department: Perioperative Services
Type: FTE: 1.0 Full-Time
About the Job:
A Nurse Manager works in concert with the Director of Nursing and other leaders to develop departmental goals that are consistent with the MMC Mission, Vision and Values, the principles and activities of True North, and organizational goals. Responsible for the provision and direction of safe and effective patient centered care utilizing the nursing process in their respective nursing department. Manages staff members in the unit, ensures staff competency, and provides leadership for nursing activities. Establishes and maintains collegial relationships with department staff and leaders. Consults with staff, physicians, and/or director of nursing as needed to resolve patient care and departmental issues. Interprets facility policy to ensure patient needs are met in an effective and efficient manner. Prepares and maintains departmental budget including staffing FTEs. Meets or exceeds the competency requirements for staff of the department. Activities are consistent with the Triple Aim for improving health as identified by the Institute for Healthcare Improvement; these support improving the patient experience of care (quality and satisfaction); improving the health of populations and reducing the cost/increasing the value of healthcare.
- A Bachelor’s degree and professional certification are preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience as a registered nurse in a hospital setting; management/supervisory experience preferred.
- Meets requirements of Staff RN II and unit specific competence.
- Must be able to read and comprehend written materials of a complex level such as contracts, government regulations and other agency requirements written in English.
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing including the ability to make effective group presentations in English.
- Must be able to comprehend and make mathematical computations including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and statistical applications.
- Understands and effectively uses Microsoft Office, Laborworkx, and clinical documentation systems pertinent to role. Effectively uses internet resources to enhance role.
- Supports and implements Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action initiatives within area of responsibility.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in Operating Room and Manager experience preferred
- Licensed as a registered nurse in the state of Wisconsin.
- Professional Certification recommended.
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Nursing Supervisors, Shift Coordinators and RNs regularly scheduled to work in ER, PCU, and POS
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course (ENPC): Nursing Supervisors, Shift Coordinators and RNs regularly scheduled to work in ER and Cardiac Rehab. PCU and POS recommended
- Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNCC) or Emergency Nursing ENPC: Nursing Supervisors, Shift Coordinators and RNs regularly scheduled to work in ER
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
Shift Time: 8-, 12- hour shifts
Benefits and Salary:
Commensurate with position and experience. Comprehensive benefits package to include: medical, HSA, dental, 403(b) with employer match of 5%, PTO, wellness benefits, etc.
MMC is a regional medical center that serves patients from 7 counties in northwest Wisconsin and Gogebic County in Michigan. We have more than 60 full-time physicians and specialists on-staff and over 500 employees who are dedicated to providing quality care. Our charming city of Ashland, WI is located on the shores of Lake Superior near Bayfield and the 21 Apostle Islands, and boasts a strong community, historic charm, modern conveniences and abundant opportunities for outdoor recreation. Our passion and driving force is to see the people of our community live healthy, productive lives.Apply Now