Nurse Practitioner (Outreach Clinic)
Department: Specialty Services - Superior, WI
Type: FTE: PRN
About the Job:
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) will function as a primary health care provider in the Orthopedic Specialty Services setting. The NP utilizes the nursing process as a framework for managing patient care. Utilizing advanced health assessment, knowledge, and decision making skills, the nurse practitioner works independently and in collaboration and consultation with physicians and other health care providers. The Nurse Practitioner manages acute and chronic orthopedic conditions, provides care including comprehensive assessment, ordering of interventions, conducting and interpreting diagnostic tests, prescribing medications and providing treatments and therapies of a non-pharmacologic nature.
- Demonstrates ability to meet performance criteria listed.
- Effective communication skills; verbal and written.
- An MSN or higher degree through an accredited nurse practitioner graduate program.
- Previous experience in orthopedic setting very desirable.
- Maintains appropriate medical staff affiliation.
- Must be able to speak the English language and write in an understandable manner.
- Must be competent to serve orthopedic patient populations.
- Role models the MMC Behavioral Standards.
- Licensure or Certification
- Licensed as an RN in Wisconsin.
- Masters Degree in nursing.
- Licensed as an Advanced Practice Nurse Practitioner in Wisconsin
- Advanced practice nurse prescriber board certification.
- Basic Life Support (BLS).
Shift Time: 8- hour shifts
Benefits and Salary:
Commensurate with position and experience. Comprehensive benefits package to include: medical, HSA, dental, 403(b) with employer match of 5%, PTO, wellness benefits, etc.
MMC is a regional medical center that serves patients from 7 counties in northwest Wisconsin and Gogebic County in Michigan. We have more than 60 full-time physicians and specialists on-staff and over 500 employees who are dedicated to providing quality care. Our charming city of Ashland, WI is located on the shores of Lake Superior near Bayfield and the 21 Apostle Islands, and boasts a strong community, historic charm, modern conveniences and abundant opportunities for outdoor recreation. Our passion and driving force is to see the people of our community live healthy, productive lives.Apply Now