Nursing Administrative Assistant
Employment Status: Part-Time
Department: NURSING ADMINISTRATION
The Nursing Administrative Assistant assists the Director of Nursing, the Assistant Director of Nursing, Nurse Managers, and Clinical Coordinators by performing clerical and support duties. The person in this position completes projects as assigned by nursing leaders and is responsible for maintenance of office equipment and electronic files. Understands and supports MMC Mission, Vision and Values, the principles and activities of True North, and organizational goals.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintains good rapport with members of Administration and Department Heads.
- Responsible for preparation of monthly nurse manager and nursing supervisor leadership agendas in collaboration with DON and ADON.
- Types and transcribes accurately.
- Answers phones and directs calls for Nursing Administration.
- Greets people coming into the office and directs them as necessary.
- Daily opens/sorts nursing administration mail and brings outgoing mail to mailroom for processing.
- Maintains electronic files pertaining to nursing staff.
- Assists in maintaining policies, as needed.
- Maintains office supplies at appropriate levels.
- Maintains office equipment.
- Assists in the collection of data and creates spreadsheets and graphs to display results.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience in administrative assistant role in a healthcare setting preferred.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must have accurate keyboarding skills with minimum speed of 50 wpm.
- Must be able to demonstrate skills in establishing interpersonal and interdepartmental relationships.
- Must be able to work with confidential information in a discrete fashion.
Education / Licensure / Certification Qualifications:
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access within three months of hire.
Benefits and Salary:
MMC offers employees a competitive benefits package that includes:
*eligibility criteria must be met to participate in insurance plans. Not all employees may be eligible.
403 (b) Retirement Savings Plan
All employees are eligible to participate in the savings plan. Through payroll deductions, you can elect to contribute pre-tax and/or post-tax basis towards your retirement. We offer matching contributions for eligible employees.
Paid Time Off
MMC employees receive generous time off for vacations, illness and other personal matters.
MMC is a regional medical center that serves patients from 7 counties in northwest Wisconsin and Gogebic County in Michigan. We have more than 60 full-time physicians and specialists on-staff and over 500 employees who are dedicated to providing quality care. Our charming city of Ashland, WI is located on the shores of Lake Superior near Bayfield and the 21 Apostle Islands, and boasts a strong community, historic charm, modern conveniences and abundant opportunities for outdoor recreation. Our passion and driving force is to see the people of our community live healthy, productive lives. EOE.Apply Now