Patient Access Specialist ** SIGN ON INCENTIVE AVAILABLE **
Employment Status: Full-Time
Department: PATIENT BUSINESS SERVICES
The Patient Access Specialist is responsible for promoting good customer service while receiving patients and familiarizing them with the hospital. In addition, he/she will complete all necessary paperwork to properly admit, transfer, or discharge the patient. The patient access specialist will also operate the switchboard and hospital paging system.
**Sign on incentive will be $500 after 6 months & another $500 after one year**
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Carries out the admission, discharge, and transfer functions.
- Operates the switchboard paging system.
- Performs clerical functions of the rehabilitation department, ENT, gastroenterology, and Northwest Wisconsin Cancer Center.
- Organizes bi-monthly physical medicine and monthly pediatric physical medicine outreach clinics.
- Promotes good customer service.
- Provides back-up for patient financial duties.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language.
- Must be able to key accurately and navigate multiple computer systems well.
- Must be proficient with the Internet and computer software applications including Windows, Word, and Excel.
- Must have current knowledge or the ability to learn electronic billing and scheduling software applications within 60 days.
- Must be able to be flexible in work schedule.
- Must be able to work with many interruptions.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective customer service skills and to remain calm and level-headed in stressful situations.
- Must demonstrate excellent communications skills in order to get accurate, current, and complete information on all patients.
- Experience working in a customer service role such as receptionist or administrative assistant is required.
Education / Licensure / Certification Qualifications:
- Completion of a two-year post high school degree in office support services or equivalent job experience.
- 8- and 12-hour shifts.
Benefits and Salary:
MMC offers employees a competitive benefits package that includes:
Accidental Death & Dismemberment
*eligibility criteria must be met to participate in insurance plans. Not all employees may be eligible.
403 (b) Retirement Savings Plan
All employees are eligible to participate in the savings plan. Through payroll deductions, you can elect to contribute pre-tax and/or post-tax basis towards your retirement. We offer matching contributions for eligible employees.
MMC is a regional medical center that serves patients from 7 counties in northwest Wisconsin and Gogebic County in Michigan. We have more than 60 full-time physicians and specialists on-staff and over 500 employees who are dedicated to providing quality care. Our charming city of Ashland, WI is located on the shores of Lake Superior near Bayfield and the 21 Apostle Islands, and boasts a strong community, historic charm, modern conveniences and abundant opportunities for outdoor recreation. Our passion and driving force is to see the people of our community live healthy, productive lives. EOE.Apply Now