Patient Access Specialist
Department: Patient Business Services
Type: PRN (FTE: 0.2)
About the Job:
The Patient Access Specialist is responsible for promoting good customer service while receiving patients and familiarizing them with the hospital. In addition, he/she will complete all necessary paperwork to properly admit, transfer, or discharge the patient. The Patient Access Specialist will also operate the switchboard and hospital paging system.
- Completion of a one-year post high school degree in office support services or equivalent job experience.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language.
- Must be able to key accurately and navigate multiple computer systems well.
- Must be able to type 25 to 30 wpm.
- Must be proficient with the Internet and computer software applications including Windows, Word and Excel. Must have current knowledge or the ability to learn electronic billing and scheduling software applications within 60 days.
- Must be able to be flexible in work schedule.
- Must be able to work with many interruptions.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective customer service skills and to remain calm and level headed in stressful situations.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills in order to get accurate, current, and complete information on all patients.
- Experience working in a customer service role such as receptionist or administrative assistant is required.
- May work days, afternoons, nights, weekends and holidays.
Shift Time: 8-, 12- hour shifts
Benefits and Salary:
Commensurate with position and experience. Comprehensive benefits package to include: medical, HSA, dental, 403(b) with employer match of 5%, PTO, wellness benefits, etc.
MMC is a regional medical center that serves patients from 7 counties in northwest Wisconsin and Gogebic County in Michigan. We have more than 60 full-time physicians and specialists on-staff and over 500 employees who are dedicated to providing quality care. Our charming city of Ashland, WI is located on the shores of Lake Superior near Bayfield and the 21 Apostle Islands, and boasts a strong community, historic charm, modern conveniences and abundant opportunities for outdoor recreation. Our passion and driving force is to see the people of our community live healthy, productive lives.Apply Now