Patient Financial Specialist **SIGN ON INCENTIVE AVAILABLE**
Department: Patient Financial Services
Type: Full-Time (FTE: 0.9)
About the Job:
The Patient Financial Specialist is responsible for promoting good customer service while processing and following through on insurance claims, posting and billing accounts receivable, and cashiering.
**Sign on incentive will be $500 after 6 months & another $500 after one year**
- Completion of a two-year post high school degree in office support services or equivalent job experience.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language.
- Must be able to key accurately at a minimum of 40 wpm.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications and able to learn electronic billing software within 60 days of hire.
- Must be able to be flexible in work schedule.
- Must be able to work with many interruptions.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective customer service skills and to remain calm and level headed in stressful situations.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills in order to effectively explain bills, insurance issues, etc. to patients.
- Experience working in an area of finance such as accounts receivable, patient billing, or insurance claims processing required.
- Must be able to understand medical terminology and insurance laws/guidelines.
Shift Time: Monday-Friday, standard business hours
Benefits and Salary:
Commensurate with position and experience. Comprehensive benefits package to include: medical, HSA, dental, 403(b) with employer match of 5%, PTO, wellness benefits, etc.
MMC is a regional medical center that serves patients from 7 counties in northwest Wisconsin and Gogebic County in Michigan. We have more than 60 full-time physicians and specialists on-staff and over 500 employees who are dedicated to providing quality care. Our charming city of Ashland, WI is located on the shores of Lake Superior near Bayfield and the 21 Apostle Islands, and boasts a strong community, historic charm, modern conveniences and abundant opportunities for outdoor recreation. Our passion and driving force is to see the people of our community live healthy, productive lives.Apply Now