Peer Support Specialist
Department: BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
About the Job:
The Certified Peer Specialist assists adults with substance use disorders in recovery. This position supports the inpatient and outpatient clinical teams at MMC and the Ashland County Wellness and Recovery Court in creating a trauma-informed, safe, trusting, and healing environment that respects the perspective of the individuals they support. This position follows the Scope of Practice, Core Competencies and Code of Ethics of the Wisconsin Certified Peer Specialist and is valuable to the success of individuals with substance use disorders.
- Responsible for providing Peer Support
- Responsible for maintaining required knowledge and expertise
- Work effectively with multidisciplinary and multiagency teams
- Must work in accordance with the Wisconsin Certified Peer Specialist Core Competencies, Scope of Practice, and Code of Ethics.
- Must communicate effectively, verbally and in writing with patients, immediate staff, employees in all levels of the organization, and a variety of outside agencies.
- Must be able to learn analytical problem-solving techniques.
- Must be able to work with individuals or groups to bring about change to enhance the individual’s quality of life in a functional way.
- Must be able to infrequently work an irregular shift and be able to adjust to frequent changes and interruptions; and to meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications and able to learn other applicable software as necessary.
Shift Time: 8-hour, 12-hour shifts
Benefits and Salary:
MMC offers employees a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment
*eligibility criteria must be met to participate in insurance plans. Not all employees may be eligible.
403 (b) Retirement Savings Plan
All employees are eligible to participate in the savings plan. Through payroll deductions, you can elect to contribute pre-tax and/or post-tax basis towards your retirement. We offer matching contributions for eligible employees.
Paid Time Off
MMC employees receive generous time off for vacations, illness and other personal matters.
MMC is a regional medical center that serves patients from 7 counties in northwest Wisconsin and Gogebic County in Michigan. We have more than 60 full-time physicians and specialists on-staff and over 500 employees who are dedicated to providing quality care. Our charming city of Ashland, WI is located on the shores of Lake Superior near Bayfield and the 21 Apostle Islands, and boasts a strong community, historic charm, modern conveniences and abundant opportunities for outdoor recreation. Our passion and driving force is to see the people of our community live healthy, productive lives.Apply Now