Pharmacy Technician – Grade II
Type: FTE: 0.6 Part-Time
About the Job:
Assists in the packaging, labeling, preparation and delivery of pharmaceutical products under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist and to provides technical support in all phases of drug distribution; assists with clerical and supply functions and is competent to prepare sterile products including chemotherapy and biotherapy.
Pharmacy Technician Grade II Job Duties:
- Accurately refill automated dispensing cabinets
- Repackage oral solid and liquid drugs in unit dose packaging as needed.
- Fills and delivers floor stock requisitions.
- Keeps work areas and compounding/repackaging supplies clean.
- Completes monthly station checks.
- Checks-in order and restocks pharmacy inventory.
- Reconcile invoices to purchase orders and code invoices
- Orders pharmaceutical products and supplies through wholesaler or direct utilizing group purchasing contracts.
- Return expired pharmaceuticals through a reverse distributor
- Answers telephone.
- Delivers medications to patient care areas.
- Performs additional tasks, special projects and other duties as assigned
- Maintains continuous chain of custody of controlled substances
- Two years hospital pharmacy experience or PTCB certification preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be a high school graduate.
- Must have good math skills.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Basic computer skills, including word processing and spreadsheets
Shift Time: 6-, 8-, 12-hour shifts
Benefits and Salary:
Commensurate with position and experience. Comprehensive benefits package to include: medical, HSA, dental, 403(b) with employer match of 5%, PTO, wellness benefits, etc.
MMC is a regional medical center that serves patients from 7 counties in northwest Wisconsin and Gogebic County in Michigan. We have more than 60 full-time physicians and specialists on-staff and over 500 employees who are dedicated to providing quality care. Our charming city of Ashland, WI is located on the shores of Lake Superior near Bayfield and the 21 Apostle Islands, and boasts a strong community, historic charm, modern conveniences and abundant opportunities for outdoor recreation. Our passion and driving force is to see the people of our community live healthy, productive lives.Apply Now