About the Job:
The Quality Department Admin/Coordinator assists with managing departmental resources, databases, data sets and analytic tools that support quality improvement activities. This role interacts directly with quality team members, physicians, nursing and ancillary departments/services and committees by assisting with scheduling, minutes, reporting measures, and coordinating quality improvement activities and the collection of data to drive performance improvement across the organization.
Vital member of an active team of professionals who provide project management and administrative support for Quality Improvement initiatives across two hospital campuses.
Reports to the VP of Quality and Patient Safety but supports all functions of the Quality Department.
Delivers advanced administrative and project management support involving high-level communication, confidential data/information handling, project design and execution, electronic application management.
Opportunity to play a key role in regulatory accreditation preparedness and awareness, patient safety activities, databases management, and leadership committee coordination and support.
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience in healthcare field.
- Administrative experience in a healthcare setting, prefer clinical department experience
- Must have good interpersonal skills with the ability and desire to work collaboratively with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to manage multiple projects as well as meet time constraints and expectations.
- Must be able to multitask and problem-solve.
- Preferred experience in database management, chart auditing experience, proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, statistical software programs, and working knowledge of healthcare regulations (CMS and DNV).
- Must have knowledge of medical terminology.
- Must be competent in maintaining the integrity of highly sensitive corporate, medical staff, and patient information.
Benefits and Salary:
Commensurate with position and experience. Comprehensive benefits package to include: medical, HSA, dental, 403(b) with employer match of 5%, PTO, wellness benefits, etc.
MMC is a regional medical center that serves patients from 7 counties in northwest Wisconsin and Gogebic County in Michigan. We have more than 60 full-time physicians and specialists on-staff and over 500 employees who are dedicated to providing quality care. Our charming city of Ashland, WI is located on the shores of Lake Superior near Bayfield and the 21 Apostle Islands, and boasts a strong community, historic charm, modern conveniences and abundant opportunities for outdoor recreation. Our passion and driving force is to see the people of our community live healthy, productive lives.Apply Now