Department: Emergency/Urgent Care
Type: Full-Time (FTE: 0.9)
About the Job:
Utilizes the nursing process to provide direct and indirect patient within the parameters of hospital policy, the WI Nurse Practice Act and standards of nursing practice. Communicates with providers/nurse manager/co-workers about changes in patient’s clinical condition including results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology; adjusts the plan of care quickly and accurately as needed. Delegates care appropriately to assistive personnel including Technicians, Certified Nursing Assistants / Orderlies (CNA), Health Unit Coordinators (HUC) and Certified Medical Assistants (CMA). Understands and supports MMC Mission, Vision and Values, the principles and activities of True North, and organizational goals.
- Utilizes the nursing process to deliver safe and effective patient centered care without constant supervision including: Assessment, Planning, Intervention, Evaluation, Documentation.
- Maintains a safe environment for patients/families and staff.
- Documentation in the medical records is complete and accurate.
- Adheres to principles and practices of infection control.
- Is responsible for professional practice.
- A bachelor’s degree in Nursing and professional certification is desired.
- Must be able to read and comprehend written materials of a complex level such as government regulations and other agency requirements written in English.
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing including the ability to make effective group presentations in English.
- Must be able to comprehend and make mathematical computations including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and statistical applications.
- Understands and effectively uses Microsoft Office and clinical documentation systems pertinent to role. Effectively uses internet resources to enhance role.
- Supports and implements Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action initiatives within area of responsibility.
- Licensed as a registered nurse in the state of Wisconsin.
- Professional certification recommended.
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course (ENPC)
- Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNCC) or Emergency Nursing ENPC
Shift Time: 8- and 12-hour shifts; Rotating shifts; Variable
Benefits and Salary:
Commensurate with position and experience. Comprehensive benefits package to include: medical, HSA, dental, 403(b) with employer match of 5%, PTO, wellness benefits, etc.
MMC is a regional medical center that serves patients from 7 counties in northwest Wisconsin and Gogebic County in Michigan. We have more than 60 full-time physicians and specialists on-staff and over 500 employees who are dedicated to providing quality care. Our charming city of Ashland, WI is located on the shores of Lake Superior near Bayfield and the 21 Apostle Islands, and boasts a strong community, historic charm, modern conveniences and abundant opportunities for outdoor recreation. Our passion and driving force is to see the people of our community live healthy, productive lives. EOE.Apply Now