Department: Perioperative Services
Type: FTE: PRN
About the Job:
The Perioperative Services Pre-, Post-, Endo RN, using the nursing process, designs and delivers care to meet the identified needs of patients having surgery, endoscopy and other invasive procedures.
The OR RN is a member of the surgical team. The OR RN is responsible and accountable for all activities occurring during a surgical procedure and endo including, but not limited to, the management of personnel, equipment, supplies, and managing the flow of information to and from the surgical team members scrubbed at the field.
The PAR RN is a member of the surgical team whose primary responsibility is in the post-anesthesia recovery area.
- A bachelor’s degree in Nursing and professional certification is desired.
- Must be able to read and comprehend written materials of a complex level such as government regulations and other agency requirements written in English.
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing including the ability to make effective group presentations in English.
- Must be able to comprehend and make mathematical computations including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and statistical applications.
- Understands and effectively uses Microsoft Office, Laborworkx, and clinical documentation systems pertinent to role. Effectively uses internet resources to enhance role.
- Supports and implements Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action initiatives within area of responsibility.
- Licensed as a registered nurse in the state of Wisconsin.
- Professional certification recommended.
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Nursing Supervisors, Shift Coordinators and RNs regularly scheduled to work in ER, PCU, and POS
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course (ENPC): Nursing Supervisors, Shift Coordinators and RNs regularly scheduled to work in ER and Cardiac Rehab. PCU and POS recommended
- Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNCC) or Emergency Nursing ENPC: Nursing Supervisors, Shift Coordinators and RNs regularly scheduled to work in ER
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
Within six months must meet competencies. Within twelve must complete advance certifications beyond BLS.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) encouraged.
Shift Time: 8- hour shifts
Benefits and Salary:
Commensurate with position and experience. Comprehensive benefits package to include: medical, HSA, dental, 403(b) with employer match of 5%, PTO, wellness benefits, etc.
MMC is a regional medical center that serves patients from 7 counties in northwest Wisconsin and Gogebic County in Michigan. We have more than 60 full-time physicians and specialists on-staff and over 500 employees who are dedicated to providing quality care. Our charming city of Ashland, WI is located on the shores of Lake Superior near Bayfield and the 21 Apostle Islands, and boasts a strong community, historic charm, modern conveniences and abundant opportunities for outdoor recreation. Our passion and driving force is to see the people of our community live healthy, productive lives.Apply Now