Registered Nurse (Behavioral Health Services)
Employment Status: Part-Time
Department: BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
Utilizes the nursing process to provide direct and indirect patient within the parameters of hospital policy, the WI Nurse Practice Act and standards of nursing practice. Communicates with providers/nurse manager/co-workers about changes in patient’s clinical condition including results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology; adjusts the plan of care quickly and accurately as needed. Delegates care appropriately to assistive personnel including Technicians, Certified Nursing Assistants / Orderlies (CNA), Health Unit Coordinators (HUC) and Certified Medical Assistants (CMA). Understands and supports MMC Mission, Vision and Values, the principles and activities of MMC, and organizational goals.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Utilizes the nursing process to deliver safe and effective patient centered care without constant supervision including: Assessment, Planning, Intervention, Evaluation, Documentation.
- Provides care within the context of excellent service to patients, families and co-workers; takes responsibility for anticipating, understanding, and satisfying needs while striving to exceed expectations. Excellent service includes treating everyone in the work place with respect and dignity.
- Demonstrates appropriate delegation of care to assistive personnel; supervises and evaluates care delivery with a focus on safety and patient satisfaction.
- Assures patient care and work environments demonstrate safety standards and decrease the likelihood of error or harm to patients; takes corrective action as needed to modify potentially unsafe areas in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates effective communication with patients, families and co-workers including active listening, honesty, ability to clearly convey information and openness to thoughts and ideas expressed by others.
- Demonstrates professionalism and self-development including reliability in attendance, honesty, integrity, a high regard for ethical principles and motivation for continuous learning and improvement. Accepts organizational change; adapts to new structures, procedures and technology in a timely manner. Assists new employees with the process of orientation or students in their acquisition of clinical skills. May serve in the capacity of preceptor as needed.
- Demonstrates teamwork in the building of positive work relationships and working collaboratively to achieve patient care and/or organizational goals.
- Demonstrates a high degree of work quality including accuracy, thoroughness, consistency and professional presentation. Uses good judgment, logical thought processes and critical thinking skills to achieve positive patient and work environment goals.
- Demonstrates work effectiveness and efficiency including ability to prioritize competing work demands, achievement of targeted work volume in a timely manner and positively managing work delays.
- Demonstrates participation in organizational quality improvement efforts to improve patient care outcomes and streamline work processes.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must be able to read and comprehend written materials of a complex level such as government regulations and other agency requirements written in English.
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing including the ability to make effective group presentations in English.
- Must be able to comprehend and make mathematical computations including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and statistical applications.
- Understands and effectively uses Microsoft Office and clinical documentation systems pertinent to role. Effectively uses internet resources to enhance role.
- Supports and implements Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action initiatives within area of responsibility.
Education / Licensure / Certification Qualifications:
- A bachelor's degree in Nursing and professional certification is desired.
- Licensed as a registered nurse in the state of Wisconsin.
- Professional certification recommended; BLS (Basic Life Support)
- 8-, 12- hour shifts
- Rotating shifts
- FTE: 0.6
Benefits and Salary:
MMC offers employees a competitive benefits package that includes:
*eligibility criteria must be met to participate in insurance plans. Not all employees may be eligible.
403 (b) Retirement Savings Plan
All employees are eligible to participate in the savings plan. Through payroll deductions, you can elect to contribute pre-tax and/or post-tax basis towards your retirement. We offer matching contributions for eligible employees.
Paid Time Off
MMC employees receive generous time off for vacations, illness and other personal matters.
MMC is a regional medical center that serves patients from 7 counties in northwest Wisconsin and Gogebic County in Michigan. We have more than 60 full-time physicians and specialists on-staff and over 500 employees who are dedicated to providing quality care. Our charming city of Ashland, WI is located on the shores of Lake Superior near Bayfield and the 21 Apostle Islands, and boasts a strong community, historic charm, modern conveniences and abundant opportunities for outdoor recreation. Our passion and driving force is to see the people of our community live healthy, productive lives. EOE.Apply Now