Registered Nurse (ER)
Employment Status: Full-Time, PRN
Department: EMERGENCY ROOM
Utilizes the nursing process to provide direct and indirect patient care within the parameters of hospital policy, the WI Nurse Practice Act and standards of nursing practice. Communicates with providers/nurse manager/co-workers about changes in patient’s clinical condition, including results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology, and adjusts the plan of care quickly and accurately as needed. Delegates care appropriately to assistive personnel including Technicians, Certified Nursing Assistants / Orderlies (CNA), Health Unit Coordinators (HUC) and Certified Medical Assistants (CMA).
** 5 (five) Open Positions: (4) Full-Time, (1) PRN **
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Utilizes the nursing process to deliver safe and effective patient centered care without constant supervision.
- Manages medications/ blood products consistent with institutional policy.
- Maintains a safe environment for patients/families and staff.
- Ensures documentation in the medical records is complete and accurate.
- Adheres to principles and practices of infection control.
- Is responsible for professional practice.
Qualifications and Skills:
- A bachelor's degree in Nursing and professional certification is desired.
- Must be able to read and comprehend written materials of a complex level such as government regulations and other agency requirements written in English.
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing including the ability to make effective group presentations in English.
- Must be able to comprehend and make mathematical computations including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and statistical applications.
- Understands and effectively uses Microsoft Office, Laborworkx, and clinical documentation systems pertinent to role. Effectively uses internet resources to enhance role.
- Supports and implements Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action initiatives within area of responsibility.
Education / Licensure / Certification Qualifications:
- Licensed as a registered nurse in the state of Wisconsin.
- Professional certification recommended.
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course (ENPC) recommended.
- Within six months must meet competencies. Within twelve must complete advance certifications beyond BLS.
- 8- and 12-hour shifts.
- Rotating Shifts
Benefits and Salary:
MMC offers employees a competitive benefits package that includes:
*eligibility criteria must be met to participate in insurance plans. Not all employees may be eligible.
403 (b) Retirement Savings Plan
All employees are eligible to participate in the savings plan. Through payroll deductions, you can elect to contribute pre-tax and/or post-tax basis towards your retirement. We offer matching contributions for eligible employees.
Paid Time Off
MMC employees receive generous time off for vacations, illness and other personal matters.
MMC is a regional medical center that serves patients from 7 counties in northwest Wisconsin and Gogebic County in Michigan. We have more than 60 full-time physicians and specialists on-staff and over 500 employees who are dedicated to providing quality care. Our charming city of Ashland, WI is located on the shores of Lake Superior near Bayfield and the 21 Apostle Islands, and boasts a strong community, historic charm, modern conveniences and abundant opportunities for outdoor recreation. Our passion and driving force is to see the people of our community live healthy, productive lives. EOE.Apply Now