Department: Specialty Services (Orthopedics)
Type: Full-Time (FTE: 0.9)
About the Job:
Applies the nursing process to maximize the health status of the patients of Memorial Medical Center, within the parameters of hospital policy and the Wisconsin Nurse Practice Act. Under general direction, develops, implements, evaluates, and manages the care and education of patients; supervises day-to-day activities of patient care and the Specialty Service the RN is assigned to; performs assessments of patients; attends educational in-services, and assists with procedures as needed.
Assures adherence to Memorial Medical Center policies and procedures, supports and fosters the mission and vision of Memorial Medical Center. Accountable for the quality of care provided to patients and the processes that lead to continuous performance improvement. The position includes clinical practice, staff development, continuing education, and leadership.
- Orthopedics Services: Orthopedic experience and willingness to become NAON certified within 18 months of hire.
- Current Wisconsin licensure as a Registered Nurse.
- Current BLS certification through AHA.
- Must be able to speak the English language and write in an understandable manner.
- Within three months of hire, must understand and effectively use computer applications pertinent to role.
- Educates patients in Specialty Services; responds to consultations made by physicians.
- Performs patient histories, physical examinations under physician supervision; evaluates results and monitors treatment plans; maintains medical records.
- Oversees patient schedules, appointments, and procedures; attends and assists during surgical procedures and testing.
- Participates in educational in-services and seminars for health care providers at MMC as well as the surrounding area; maintains current certification through continuing education.
- Coordinates and develops ongoing staff education competencies within the specialty.
- Demonstrates ability in problem solving, conflict resolution, and other leadership behaviors.
- Experience in Ambulatory Care within Specialty preferred.
- Understanding of Peri-Anesthesia requirements for the pre-operative optimization of surgical patients
- Provides nursing care based on standards of nursing practice, utilizing the Nursing Process.
- Documentation in the medical records is complete and accurate.
- Adheres to principles and practices of infection control.
- Is responsible for professional practice.
- Responsible for the direction of Patient Care and workflow in the Specialty Services setting.
Shift Time: Monday-Friday, standard business hours
Benefits and Salary:
Commensurate with position and experience. Comprehensive benefits package to include: medical, HSA, dental, 403(b) with employer match of 5%, PTO, wellness benefits, etc.
MMC is a regional medical center that serves patients from 7 counties in northwest Wisconsin and Gogebic County in Michigan. We have more than 60 full-time physicians and specialists on-staff and over 500 employees who are dedicated to providing quality care. Our charming city of Ashland, WI is located on the shores of Lake Superior near Bayfield and the 21 Apostle Islands, and boasts a strong community, historic charm, modern conveniences and abundant opportunities for outdoor recreation. Our passion and driving force is to see the people of our community live healthy, productive lives.Apply Now