Respiratory Therapist **SIGN ON INCENTIVE AVAILABLE**
Type: Full-Time (FTE: 0.9)
About the Job:
Respiratory Therapists provide a full range of respiratory care modalities, invasive and non-invasive ventilator management, ambulance transports with ventilator dependent patients, hemodynamic monitoring, ABGs, EKGs, cardiac stress tests, cardiac event monitors, Holter monitors, EEG, PFTs with body plethysmography and fractional exhaled nitric oxide (FENO) testing.
**Sign on incentive will be $3,750 after 6 months & another $3,750 after one year**
- Emergency and Critical Care Functions: Ventilator Management, BiPAP Management, Ventilator Patient Assessment, Airway Management, C.P.R
- General Patient Care: Therapeutic Procedures, Patient Education, Patient Evaluation and Assessment, Oxygen Therapy, Performance Improvement
- Diagnostics: EKG, Holter/Event Monitor, Cardiac Stress Testing, Pulmonary Function Test, EEG
- Hemodynamic Monitoring: Arterial Blood Pressure Monitoring, I-STAT, Arterial Blood Gases
- Other Duties as Assigned, Including: Equipment Utilization and Maintenance, Hospital Computer Knowledge, Equipment Rounds
- Must have obtained the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) Entry-Level Certified
- Respiratory Therapist (CRT) credential prior to beginning employment at MMC and must continue to pursue the NBRC’s Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credential until it has been successfully completed.
- Must be a licensed respiratory therapist in the State of Wisconsin within 3 months of hire.
- Must be certified in basic life support (BLS) upon hire, ACLS, and NRP within 12 months of hire and keep the certification current.
- Must be able to read and comprehend written materials in English and write legibly.
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally in English.
Shift Time: 12- hour shifts
Benefits and Salary:
Starting wage: $27.60 -Commensurate with position and experience.
Comprehensive benefits package to include: medical, HSA, dental, 403(b) with employer match of 5%, PTO, wellness benefits, etc.
MMC is a regional medical center that serves patients from 7 counties in northwest Wisconsin and Gogebic County in Michigan. We have more than 60 full-time physicians and specialists on-staff and over 500 employees who are dedicated to providing quality care. Our charming city of Ashland, WI is located on the shores of Lake Superior near Bayfield and the 21 Apostle Islands, and boasts a strong community, historic charm, modern conveniences and abundant opportunities for outdoor recreation. Our passion and driving force is to see the people of our community live healthy, productive lives. EOE.Apply Now