Staff Development Secretary
Department: Staff Development
Type: Full-Time (FTE: 1.0)
About the Job:
Under direction of the Director of Staff Development and GME Coordinator, the Staff Development Secretary performs duties to support the planning, development and implementation of Memorial Medical Center’s annual education plan for staff, physicians, and community education. Maintains the Learning Management System and provides reports as requested. Manages the onboarding of students and residents.
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills required.
- Detail oriented. Able to work in a fast-past environment.
- Excellent time management skills. Able to prioritize work and manage competing priorities.
- Assist with onboarding new staff, students and residents. Coordinates the educational experience for students and residents.
- Provide support with implementing and monitoring a variety of health care related programs as directed.
- Write and send emails, memos, letters, and forms; record meeting minutes.
- Prepares and sends reports.
- Two-year clerical degree or equivalent experience/training required.
- Accurately keyboards 50 w.p.m. minimum.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral. Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, Outlook, including Outlook Calendar, etc.). Able to learn and utilize other software applications, such as a learning management system within 30 days of hire.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrates proficient internet skills.
- Self-starter with excellent organizational skills.
- Healthcare background desirable.
- Certification as a CPR instructor or willingness to become one may be required.
- Flexible hours as necessary for department.
Shift Time: Monday-Friday, standard business hours
Benefits and Salary:
Commensurate with position and experience. Comprehensive benefits package to include: medical, HSA, dental, 403(b) with employer match of 5%, PTO, wellness benefits, etc.
MMC is a regional medical center that serves patients from 7 counties in northwest Wisconsin and Gogebic County in Michigan. We have more than 60 full-time physicians and specialists on-staff and over 500 employees who are dedicated to providing quality care. Our charming city of Ashland, WI is located on the shores of Lake Superior near Bayfield and the 21 Apostle Islands, and boasts a strong community, historic charm, modern conveniences and abundant opportunities for outdoor recreation. Our passion and driving force is to see the people of our community live healthy, productive lives.Apply Now