Senior Director of Organizational Development & Learning
Department: Staff Development
Type: FTE: 1.0 Full-Time
About the Job:
Memorial Medical Center and Hayward Area Memorial Hospital are sister hospitals currently seeking a Senior Director of Organizational Development & Learning to lead the strategic growth of our organizational development, graduate medical education (GME) programs, as well as elevate and lead the clinical education initiatives for all staff within our hospitals in Ashland and Hayward Wisconsin.
The Senior Director of Organizational Development & Learning is responsible to the CHROs of both sites and serves in a key leadership role to provide strategic and operational direction of the Organizational Development & Education department. This hands-on leader is responsible for the planning, developing and implementing of the organization’s overall education plan for clinical and non-clinical leaders and staff, the Graduate Medical Education (GME) Family Medicine Residency and ED Fellowship programs at both sites, and our Clinical Research programs.
We are looking for a hands-on leader with strong executive presence who can quickly gain credibility and influence across the business and our external partners. Leading the Organizational Development and Education team, you will work collaboratively with leadership and staff across the organization to foster a learning environment that ensures high-quality, evidence-based practice.
Our medical centers are independent hospitals under the REI umbrella. We live our missions to improve the health and wellbeing of the people of our regions, including our most important resource—employees.
Not far from Duluth, MN, both campuses reside in the beautiful north woods of Wisconsin where you can balance work and home life by on our beautiful lakes and trails by partaking in personal interests such as biking, cross-country skiing, hiking, fishing, water sports, ATVing, snowmobiling, and much more.
- Leads the team of staff who provide all clinical education, clinical research, and those who coordinate the GME residency/fellowship programs.
- Manages and supports the assessment of organizational needs by identifying trends and leveraging complex data from various sources to understand gaps, needs and risks.
- Analyzes assessment results, ensures development, implementation and effective execution of short-term and long-term objectives related to education and training, and organizational development plans and priorities in alignment with our mission, vision and values.
- Collaborates with leaders to design and deliver organizational training programs in support of critical workforce planning and organizational development initiatives that meet ongoing and future needs.
- Ensures the Education team develops a comprehensive plan and schedule for all required annual training, and mandatory education.
- Oversees the development of standards for required competencies for positions throughout the organization.
- Analyzes performance outcomes and participant data to evaluate the effectiveness of the education programs.
- Leverages internal cross-functional relationships as well as external vendors, and partners to accomplish goals.
- Facilitates True North initiative and group activities, along with working with external True North consultants (ie Capstone) to ensure mission and vision alignment.
- Oversees the development and ongoing assessment of GME programs.
- Participates in writing grant applications and provides overall fiscal and programmatic management for all residency and fellowship grant activities.
- Provides oversight and participates in medical education sub-committees focusing on faculty and resident/fellowship scholarly activities and engagement.
- Ensures organization and all residency/fellowship programs remain in compliance with regulatory requirements to maintain full accreditation status.
- Oversees and manages capital and operational budgets, policies and procedures, and compliance with accrediting agencies related to departments within the scope of authority.
- Master’s degree in Adult Education/Learning, Organizational Development or related field preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively more responsible experience in organizational development, human resources management, or health care administration, or related professions with experience of direct design and delivery of organizational development programs preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of direct management experience overseeing staff and programs
- Comprehensive understanding of ACGME or other national accreditation policies and programs in order to serve as the liaison between residency and accrediting bodies preferred
- Demonstrates competence in management, adult learning principles, human relations, and staff development
Benefits and Salary:
- Comprehensive benefits package to include: medical, HSA, dental, 403(b) with employer match of 5%, life insurance, long-term disability, PTO, sick time, EAP, wellness benefits, etc.
MMC is a regional medical center that serves patients from 7 counties in northwest Wisconsin and Gogebic County in Michigan. We have more than 60 full-time physicians and specialists on-staff and over 500 employees who are dedicated to providing quality care. Our charming city of Ashland, WI is located on the shores of Lake Superior near Bayfield and the 21 Apostle Islands, and boasts a strong community, historic charm, modern conveniences and abundant opportunities for outdoor recreation. Our passion and driving force is to see the people of our community live healthy, productive lives.Apply Now