Type: Full-Time (FTE: 1.0)
About the Job:
Staff Pharmacists are responsible for all daily pharmacy activities including but not limited to:
- Participate in the provision of pharmaceutical care through staffing and clinical services
- Review of physician orders for drug therapy and evaluate appropriateness of use, dose, dosage form, regimen, route, therapeutic duplication and drug interactions
- Discuss medication order changes/clarifications with provider
- Provide pharmacokinetic/anticoagulation dosing as required
- Serve as drug information resource to nurses, providers and other clinicians
- Conduct direct patient care activities as needed
- Participate in the established process for assessing, managing and reporting medication errors and adverse drug reactions and takes steps to reduce
The Staff Pharmacist is the immediate supervisor of pharmacy technicians and pharmacy interns.
- Graduate of an ACPE-accredited School of Pharmacy with a BS or PharmD Pharmacy degree.
- Currently licensed by the state of Wisconsin Pharmacy Examining Board. License and current certificate of licensure displayed in MMC Pharmacy.
- Good standing with the Wisconsin Pharmacy Examining Board and any other state the pharmacist may be licensed.
- Prior hospital experience required, specifically familiar with unit-dose, USP Compounding Standards pharmacokinetics, and pharmacy computer systems.
- Highly effective verbal communication and interpersonal skills with patients, visitors and other healthcare team members to establish working relationships that foster optimal quality of patient care
- Maintain competency in pharmacokinetic monitoring, anticoagulation and hospital pharmacotherapy
- Excel and Word experience preferred
Shift Time: 8-, 12- hour shifts; May be required to take call
Benefits and Salary:
Commensurate with position and experience. Comprehensive benefits package to include: medical, HSA, dental, 403(b) with employer match of 5%, PTO, wellness benefits, etc.
MMC is a regional medical center that serves patients from 7 counties in northwest Wisconsin and Gogebic County in Michigan. We have more than 60 full-time physicians and specialists on-staff and over 500 employees who are dedicated to providing quality care. Our charming city of Ashland, WI is located on the shores of Lake Superior near Bayfield and the 21 Apostle Islands, and boasts a strong community, historic charm, modern conveniences and abundant opportunities for outdoor recreation. Our passion and driving force is to see the people of our community live healthy, productive lives. EOE.Apply Now