Sterile Processing Supervisor
Employment Status: Full-Time
Department: STERILE PROCESSING
Supervises the daily operations of the Sterile Processing Department and is responsible for direction, organization, planning, and control of the sterile processing functions of Memorial Medical Center.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinates the daily operations of Sterile Processing Department.
- Oversees and coordinates daily staffing.
- Monitor and evaluate work.
- Serve as content expert for all reprocessing workflows.
- Respond in a professional manner to questions/requests from customers and employees.
- Demonstrates competence in sterilization, handling of sterile supplies and all facets of sterile processing supervision.
- Identifies errors and judges situations that require referral to Director.
- Maintains operating expenses as dictated by budgeting and workload requirements.
- Ensures that department staff understand their role in performance improvement activities.
- Coordinates education and performs competency assessments.
- Makes certain that employees have a clear understanding of their responsibilities.
- Closely monitors absenteeism and tardiness.
- Effectively manages performance and behavior challenges.
- Constantly evaluates the work climate and takes action to resolve conflict within the work environment.
- Completes employee performance evaluations and 30/60/90 day new employee compass checks within hospital policy time frame. Initiates coaching conversations, when needed.
- Promotes positive labor relations within the department.
- Assists in new employee department orientation and assessment.
- Holds regular meetings with staff to share and receive information.
- Communicates high expectations to work group.
- Assists director to assure adequate staffing at all times in SPD. Schedules SPD staff, approves vacation requests and obtains coverage for emergency absences.
- Ensures that department staff participate in hospital-wide or interdisciplinary performance improvement activities.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Advanced knowledge of relevant compliance regulations and legislation.
- Advanced knowledge of surgical instrumentation and their uses.
- Excellent human resources management and leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with staff, physicians and patients/families.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects at a time.
- Possesses strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goals and objectives within specified time frames.
- Excellent conflict resolution and change management skills.
- Possesses strong computer skills or willingness to learn.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education.
Education / Licensure / Certification Qualifications:
IAHCSMM CRCST/CIS and preference given to CHL, with a minimum of 2 years supervisory experience.
Benefits and Salary:
MMC offers employees a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment
*eligibility criteria must be met to participate in insurance plans. Not all employees may be eligible.
403 (b) Retirement Savings Plan
All employees are eligible to participate in the savings plan. Through payroll deductions, you can elect to contribute pre-tax and/or post-tax basis towards your retirement. We offer matching contributions for eligible employees.
Paid Time Off
MMC employees receive generous time off for vacations, illness and other personal matters.
MMC is a regional medical center that serves patients from 7 counties in northwest Wisconsin and Gogebic County in Michigan. We have more than 60 full-time physicians and specialists on-staff and over 500 employees who are dedicated to providing quality care. Our charming city of Ashland, WI is located on the shores of Lake Superior near Bayfield and the 21 Apostle Islands, and boasts a strong community, historic charm, modern conveniences and abundant opportunities for outdoor recreation. Our passion and driving force is to see the people of our community live healthy, productive lives. EOE.Apply Now