Sterile Processing Technician ** SIGN ON INCENTIVE AVAILABLE **
Employment Status: Full-Time
Department: STERILE PROCESSING
The Sterile Processing Department Aide cleans, decontaminates, processes and sterilizes reusable surgical instrumentation and other medical devices used throughout the hospital.
Open Positions: 3 (Full Time)
**Sign on incentive will be $500 after 6 months & another $500 after one year**
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Performs Instrumentation Decontamination
- Prepares Packs, Instrumentation and Equipment
- Sterilizes Medical Devices Following Written Guidelines
Qualifications and Skills:
- Ability to think clearly in busy, stressful situations.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to read and comprehend procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Must maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to learn and retain the names of surgical instrumentation and other medical devices.
- Must be neat and accurate.
Education / Licensure / Certification Qualifications:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 8-hour shifts
- May be required to take call
- Potential nine/ten hour with variable start times.
Benefits and Salary:
MMC offers employees a competitive benefits package that includes:
Accidental Death & Dismemberment
*eligibility criteria must be met to participate in insurance plans. Not all employees may be eligible.
403 (b) Retirement Savings Plan
All employees are eligible to participate in the savings plan. Through payroll deductions, you can elect to contribute pre-tax and/or post-tax basis towards your retirement. We offer matching contributions for eligible employees.
Paid Time Off
MMC employees receive generous time off for vacations, illness and other personal matters.
MMC is a regional medical center that serves patients from 7 counties in northwest Wisconsin and Gogebic County in Michigan. We have more than 60 full-time physicians and specialists on-staff and over 500 employees who are dedicated to providing quality care. Our charming city of Ashland, WI is located on the shores of Lake Superior near Bayfield and the 21 Apostle Islands, and boasts a strong community, historic charm, modern conveniences and abundant opportunities for outdoor recreation. Our passion and driving force is to see the people of our community live healthy, productive lives. EOE.Apply Now