Department: Perioperative Services
Type: Full-Time (FTE: 0.9) & PRN (FTE: PRN)
About the Job:
The operating room technician is a member of the surgical team. The ORT functions as a scrub nurse, provides support to surgical services by assisting with maintaining a safe environment and maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Assists surgeon as scrub nurse according to prescribed standards.
- Assists surgical team as circulator when directed (RN must be immediately available).
- Assists in housekeeping duties and cleanliness of department as directed to insure safe patient environment.
- Assists in transportation of patients to and from the surgical suite as directed by procedure (as necessary).
- Assists in maintenance, care and cleanliness of supplies and equipment.
- Maintains and increases standards of performance and education.
- Is a responsible member of the hospital work group.
- Shows kindness and consideration to the patient.
- Graduate of an accredited school for Operating Room Technician.
- Certification encouraged.
- Must be able to understand and speak the English language.
- Must demonstrate adaptability and alertness, and be capable of good judgment.
- Must be able to coordinate activities and apply learned principles.
- Must be able to coordinate ideas and follow directions.
Shift Time: 8-hour shifts; Required to take call
Benefits and Salary:
Commensurate with position and experience. Comprehensive benefits package to include: medical, HSA, dental, 403(b) with employer match of 5%, PTO, wellness benefits, etc.
MMC is a regional medical center that serves patients from 7 counties in northwest Wisconsin and Gogebic County in Michigan. We have more than 60 full-time physicians and specialists on-staff and over 500 employees who are dedicated to providing quality care. Our charming city of Ashland, WI is located on the shores of Lake Superior near Bayfield and the 21 Apostle Islands, and boasts a strong community, historic charm, modern conveniences and abundant opportunities for outdoor recreation. Our passion and driving force is to see the people of our community live healthy, productive lives. EOE.Apply Now