Employment Status: Full-Time
Department: INFORMATION SYSTEMS
Please note: this position would be able to work at Memorial Medical Center (Ashland, WI) or Hayward Area Memorial Hospital (Hayward, WI). Remote work would be considered, depending on experience and qualifications.
The Systems Analyst will be responsible for coordinating the efforts between the Information Systems (IS) Department and operational users of clinical and non-clinical applications utilized throughout Regional Enterprises Incorporated (REI). This position will provide assistance in the acquisition, installation, training and proper use of the clinical and financial computer systems and applications. This role will assist in developing and implementing workflows that streamline processes and create positive outcomes for users and meet the business needs of the organization. This position must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, be highly analytical, be able to apply critical thinking and problem solving skills and have the ability to work independently. In conjunction with other information services staff and vendors, this position will assist in problem determination, program testing and program quality control. This position will involve travel between facilities supported by the REI Information Services Department.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Confers with personnel of organizational units involved to analyze current operational procedures, identify problems and learn specific input/output requirements such as forms of data input, how data is to be summarized and formats for reports.
- Writes detailed description of user needs, program functions and steps required to develop or modify computer program.
- Plans and prepares technical reports, memos and instructional manuals as documentation program development.
- Upgrades systems and corrects errors to maintain systems after implementation.
- Assists in resolution of work problems related to clinical areas.
- Works with Information Systems Staff toward resolution of work problems related to non-clinical, clinical, and systems issues
- Works within clinical areas to test new system logic/dictionary changes.
- Functions as lead in Patient Scheduling and Department Management applications.
- Communicates in a positive, compassionate and professional manner with patients, staff and visitors.
- Demonstrates a willingness to assume additional responsibilities.
- Delivers quality customer service in a professional, compassionate manner with respect for everyone.
- Shows sensitivity and respect for individuals, co-workers, patients and families.
- Is thorough in accomplishing a task through concern for all areas affecting outcomes, no matter how small. Expresses concern that work be done correctly and thoroughly.
- Adapts easily to and is a facilitator of change. Sees the value of differing positions and adapts own positions and strategies in response to new information or changes in a situation.
- Gathers information in order to define problems, diagnose issues and look beyond the surface.
- Solves problems and meets objectives before being asked to do so. Is a self-starter rather than passively complying with instructions or work orders.
- Takes responsibility for decisions and remains accountable to all REI supported facilities.
- Establishes a rapport with people easily. Develops and maintains a network of contacts who can provide information, help and access to others. Establishes a climate of trust, confidence and mutual respect.
- Maintains stable performance and emotional control when faced with opposition, pressure or hostility from others and/or stressful situations.
- Discovers and meets internal and external customers’ needs in a manner that provides satisfaction for the customer. Anticipates future needs of customers.
- Knows personal skill limits and takes steps to acquire new skills.
- Develops cooperation and teamwork while working as a part of a group. Works toward solutions which benefit the involved parties.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the link between own job responsibilities and the overall mission, values, goals and needs of all REI supported facilities. Performs own job with the broader goals in mind.
- Complies with all safety and emergency policies and procedures.
- Adheres to all infection control policies, practices and procedures.
- Supports and adheres to all policies and procedures and practices of supported institutions and the Information Systems department as outlined in the employee handbook, department policy and procedure manual.
- Maintains confidentiality when interacting with patients, families, personnel and the public.
- Greets patients, families, visitors and other personnel appropriately.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must have experience with computers. Experience in areas such as revenue cycle, analytics, and/or Epic is preferred.
- Must have background in healthcare information systems.
- Minimum of two years experience with information systems in a healthcare setting.
Education / Licensure / Certification Qualifications:
Associates Degree or Bachelors Degree in Information Systems, Business Administration or related area is preferred. Related experience in a healthcare setting may substitute for a degree.
- 8-hour shifts
- May be required to take call
Benefits and Salary:
MMC offers employees a competitive benefits package that includes
Accidental Death & Dismemberment
*eligibility criteria must be met to participate in insurance plans. Not all employees may be eligible.
403 (b) Retirement Savings Plan
All employees are eligible to participate in the savings plan. Through payroll deductions, you can elect to contribute pre-tax and/or post-tax basis towards your retirement. We offer matching contributions for eligible employees.
Paid Time Off
MMC employees receive generous time off for vacations, illness and other personal matters.
MMC is a regional medical center that serves patients from 7 counties in northwest Wisconsin and Gogebic County in Michigan. We have more than 60 full-time physicians and specialists on-staff and over 500 employees who are dedicated to providing quality care. Our charming city of Ashland, WI is located on the shores of Lake Superior near Bayfield and the 21 Apostle Islands, and boasts a strong community, historic charm, modern conveniences and abundant opportunities for outdoor recreation. Our passion and driving force is to see the people of our community live healthy, productive lives. EOE.Apply Now