Transitional Care Manager
Department: Social Services
Type: Full-Time (FTE: 0.9)
About the Job:
The Transitional Care Manager (TCM) will serve as an expert in providing comprehensive care to patients as they transition from hospital to home. The TCM will collaborate with care management, the patient, caregiver, physician and all other health team members to facilitate an effective transition, to increase the patients and caregivers ability to manage their care after hospitalization.
- Must be able to read and comprehend written materials of a complex level such as contracts, government regulations and other agency requirements written in English.
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing including the ability to make effective group presentations in English.
- Must be able to comprehend and make mathematical computations including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and statistical applications.
- Understand and effectively uses Microsoft Office and clinical documentation systems pertinent to role. Effectively uses internet resources to enhance role.
- Supports and implements Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action initiatives within area of responsibility.
- Licensed as an RN in the State of Wisconsin.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Nursing and professional certification are preferred.
- Minimum of five years of experience as a registered nurse in a hospital setting; inpatient medical/surgical care preferred, home health experience desirable.
- Professional certification recommended.
- Basic Life Support (BLS).
Shift Time: 8- hour shifts
Benefits and Salary:
Commensurate with position and experience. Comprehensive benefits package to include: medical, HSA, dental, 403(b) with employer match of 5%, PTO, wellness benefits, etc.
MMC is a regional medical center that serves patients from 7 counties in northwest Wisconsin and Gogebic County in Michigan. We have more than 60 full-time physicians and specialists on-staff and over 500 employees who are dedicated to providing quality care. Our charming city of Ashland, WI is located on the shores of Lake Superior near Bayfield and the 21 Apostle Islands, and boasts a strong community, historic charm, modern conveniences and abundant opportunities for outdoor recreation. Our passion and driving force is to see the people of our community live healthy, productive lives.Apply Now