X-Ray/CT Technologist ** SIGN ON INCENTIVE AVAILABLE **
Type: Full-Time (FTE:1.0), (FTE: 0.9), & PRN (FTE: PRN)
About the Job:
Performs radiographic and CT diagnostic imaging procedures at the direction of a radiologist and/or other providers. Assumes responsibility for designated areas, prepares patients and is responsible for the operation of imaging equipment according to specific guidelines and prescribed protocols while utilizing appropriate radiation protection measures. Performs ancillary services and assists in patient care areas as necessary. Demonstrate leadership, clinical competence and responsiveness while ensuring patient safety in performance of all job functions. Adheres to organizational behavior standards and supports the organizational strategic initiatives. Provides positive and effective interaction and communication with patients, visitors, and staff. When on call, is able to perform radiographic and/or CT procedures as necessary. Other duties as assigned.
**$7,500 sign-on incentive will be paid in increments after 6 and 12 months for a 2 year commitment** -Total amount is pro-rated based on FTE-
**$10,000 sign-on incentive will be paid in increments after 6, 12, and 24 months for a 3 year commitment** -Total amount is pro-rated based on FTE-
New grads starting at $28.17/hour, higher rates offered depending on experience.
- Practices radiation protection.
- Demonstrates awareness of exposure factors.
- Performs venipuncture technique per protocol.
- Educates patients and families as appropriate.
- Uses skin care techniques during procedures appropriately.
- Positions and transfers patients.
- Provides immobilization devices and uses immobilization techniques as required.
- Selects proper technical factors on an individual basis.
- Selects and operates equipment as directed.
- Fully knowledgeable working with RIS / PACS.
- Provides patient and employee radiation protection in accordance with prescribed radiation safety standards.
- Assists physician in administering opaque media; technologist may inject. Venipuncture and basic IV training mandatory.
- Performs other duties as required by supervisor.
- Graduate of an approved ARRT accredited school of radiologic technology is required
- ARRT registered and current State of Wisconsin license as a Radiographer is required.
- One year of current clinical experience in each modality (CT/Radiography) is required.
- Registered by the ARRT in Computed Tomography (CT) within 18 months of hire is required.
- One (1) year of current clinical C-ARM and operating room radiography experience is preferred or cross-training with proficiency within one (1) year.
- Recommended professional associations: American Society of Radiologic Technologists;
Wisconsin Society of Radiologic Technologists.
- CPR certified.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
- Must be competent with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Outlook, Email and Calendar, Internet).
- Must be proficient with payroll and clinical documentation software pertinent to role within 30 days.
Shift Time: 8- & 12- hour shifts (with potential of 16- hour shifts); Variable
Benefits and Salary:
Commensurate with position and experience. Comprehensive benefits package to include: medical, HSA, dental, 403(b) with employer match of 5%, PTO, wellness benefits, etc.
MMC is a regional medical center that serves patients from 7 counties in northwest Wisconsin and Gogebic County in Michigan. We have more than 60 full-time physicians and specialists on-staff and over 500 employees who are dedicated to providing quality care. Our charming city of Ashland, WI is located on the shores of Lake Superior near Bayfield and the 21 Apostle Islands, and boasts a strong community, historic charm, modern conveniences and abundant opportunities for outdoor recreation. Our passion and driving force is to see the people of our community live healthy, productive lives. EOE.Apply Now