X-Ray Technologist / CT Technologist ** SIGN ON INCENTIVE AVAILABLE **
Employment Status: Full-Time, PRN
Performs radiographic and CT diagnostic imaging procedures at the direction of a radiologist and/or other providers. Assumes responsibility for designated areas, prepares patients and is responsible for the operation of imaging equipment according to specific guidelines and prescribed protocols while utilizing appropriate radiation protection measures. Performs ancillary services and assists in patient care areas as necessary. Demonstrate leadership, clinical competence and responsiveness while ensuring patient safety in performance of all job functions. Adheres to organizational behavior standards and supports the organizational strategic initiatives. Provides positive and effective interaction and communication with patients, visitors, and staff. When on call, is able to perform radiographic and/or CT procedures as necessary. Other duties as assigned.
4 (four) Open Positions: (3) Full-Time & (1) PRN
**Sign on incentive up to $5,000 available**
New grads starting at $27.52/hour, higher rates offered depending on experience.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Practices radiation protection.
- Demonstrates awareness of exposure factors.
- Performs venipuncture technique per protocol.
- Educates patients and families as appropriate.
- Uses skin care techniques during procedures appropriately.
- Positions and transfers patients.
- Provides immobilization devices and uses immobilization techniques as required.
- Selects proper technical factors on an individual bases.
- Selects and operates equipment as directed.
- Fully knowledgeable working with RIS / PACS.
- Provides patient and employee radiation protection in accordance with prescribed radiation safety standards.
- Assists physician in administering opaque media; technologist may inject. Venipuncture and basic IV training mandatory.
- Performs other duties as required by supervisor.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Recommended professional associations: American Society of Radiologic Technologists; Wisconsin Society of Radiologic Technologists.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
- Maintains adequate records as directed.
- Assists with typing and clerical work as necessary.
- Follows written and verbal instructions.
- Practices and promotes good customer relations with patients, refereeing professionals, visitors, and other clinic personnel at all times.
- Must be competent with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Outlook, Email and Calendar, Internet).
- Must be proficient with payroll and clinical documentation software pertinent to role within 30 days.
Education / Licensure / Certification Qualifications:
- Graduate of an approved ARRT accredited school of radiologic technology is required.
- ARRT registered and current State of Wisconsin license as a Radiographer is required.
- One year of current clinical experience in each modality (CT/Radiography) is required.
- Registered by the ARRT in Computed Tomography (CT) within 18 months of hire is required.
- One (1) year of current clinical C-ARM and operating room radiography experience is preferred or cross-training with proficiency within one (1) year.
- CPR certified.
- 8- & 12- hour shifts (with potential of 16- hour shifts).
Benefits and Salary:
MMC offers employees a competitive benefits package that includes:
*eligibility criteria must be met to participate in insurance plans. Not all employees may be eligible.
403 (b) Retirement Savings Plan
All employees are eligible to participate in the savings plan. Through payroll deductions, you can elect to contribute pre-tax and/or post-tax basis towards your retirement. We offer matching contributions for eligible employees.
Paid Time Off
MMC employees receive generous time off for vacations, illness and other personal matters.
MMC is a regional medical center that serves patients from 7 counties in northwest Wisconsin and Gogebic County in Michigan. We have more than 60 full-time physicians and specialists on-staff and over 500 employees who are dedicated to providing quality care. Our charming city of Ashland, WI is located on the shores of Lake Superior near Bayfield and the 21 Apostle Islands, and boasts a strong community, historic charm, modern conveniences and abundant opportunities for outdoor recreation. Our passion and driving force is to see the people of our community live healthy, productive lives. EOE.Apply Now