- This event has passed.
The Wonders of Childbirth For First Time Parents
May 11 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
One event on January 20, 2020 at 6:00 pm
One event on March 28, 2020 at 9:00 am
One event on May 11, 2020 at 6:00 pm
One event on May 18, 2020 at 6:00 pm
One event on February 15, 2020 at 9:00 am
One event on April 18, 2020 at 9:00 am
One event on June 13, 2020 at 9:00 am
The birth of your child is a momentous occasion. It is a day you will never forget. We cannot predict how your child’s birth day will be, but we can help you prepare for it.
Join us to learn about:
- The process of labor and delivery; including basic anatomy, physiology, and stages of labor What your options are during labor and postpartum
- What you can do to cope with the intensity of labor
- What the labor partner(s) can do to help support the laboring woman
- How to know when to come to the hospital and what to expect when you get there (a tour of the Family Birthplace will be included)
- What to expect after the baby’s birth and after coming home
- Infant feeding choices and newborn care
- Area resources for pregnancy, childbirth, postpartum depression
Partners or your support people are encouraged to attend all classes. If you have any questions please contact Jenny Galley at 715-685-5332.
Classes are offered by Memorial Medical Center at no cost to you. Registration is required.