Questions?Fill out the form below. Marketing teams will be reviewing on a weekly basis.
- Name is a significant portion of our brand, and our current names are long and unimaginative.
- Opportunity to improve image, reflecting who we are and becoming
- Improves Service Line Naming
- Improve identity separation in the marketplace
- Align names between Ashland and Hayward
We’re developing a complete joint brand refresh and new, overarching health system name. You’ll see a new logo and facility name changes.
Ownership, management, board of directors will all remain the same. We are not being sold–this is a re-organization of naming, making more sense of our current partnership between Ashland and Hayward, and also priming us for future growth.
Marketing teams, agencies, and senior leaders are still working on approving a name reflective of our continued growth, positive culture, and resilience of our community. Check back here for the latest information.
There are few things that need to happen before an official release:
- While the names Hayward Medical Center and Ashland Medical Center have been approved as simple ways to identify the locations of our facilities, we still have work to do in finalizing our new overarching brand name.
- The process to receive a Federal Trademark can take a minimum of 6-8 months.
- If/when Federal Trademark is approved, we will begin the process of updating our name and brand all materials.
- Our names will not be legally changing. But, rather the new names will be a DBA, including REI.
- We will release the name Hayward Medical Center/Ashland Medical Center to the community simultaneously with our new overarching brand name.
- We anticipate the soonest this would happen is mid-2023.
Most likely. We’re working with IS to make the process as seamless as possible.
Yes! The Marketing team is working with Hailey Sault, the agency that created our last logo and brand design. We want to differentiate ourselves in the marketplace as much as possible, and this can only be done by changing the logo and colors.
- Yes! We still are Hayward Area Memorial Hospital & Water’s Edge and Memorial Medical Center and we still will be for some time.
- Our clothing store, in partnership with Hidden Bay Graphics is currently closed and will remain closed until rebranding is finalized.
- After the new brand is finalized, there will be a grace period for wearing MMC and HAMHWE clothing as we transition to the new brand.
We know for certain that Hayward Area Memorial Hospital and Memorial Medical Center will continue to be independently-operated sister hospitals, aligned with the same parent company.