Colorectal Surgery Services
Colon and rectal (or colorectal) disease comprises of a broad range of conditions and ailments that can range from mildly irritating to life threatening. Because symptoms of different colorectal diseases can resemble those of other diseases it is important to be treated by a colon and rectal surgeon. At Memorial Medical Center that surgeon is Dr. Dan Metcalf who also performs general surgery as part of General Surgery Services of MMC.
Dr. Metcalf uses the newest surgical treatments and technologies to provide the best outcomes for people needing surgery.
Meet Colorectal Surgeon, Dr. Dan Metcalf
Dr. Metcalf is:
- board certified in both colorectal surgery and general surgery, meaning he has education beyond the minimal standards and competency required.
- fellowship trained in colorectal surgery, which means he has achieved the highest level of training in that specialty.
- Comes to Memorial Medical Center from Duluth, Minnesota where he practiced for 11 years.
Medical Degree, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN
Grand Rapids Medical Education and Research Center, Grand Rapids, MI
Fellowship—Colon & Rectal Surgery
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
Watch this video to learn more about how Dr. Metcalf cares for his patients:
Colorectal Diagnosis & Treatments:
- Anal cancer
- Anal fissure
- Anal fistula
- Colon cancer
- Colon cancer screening
- Colon polyps
- Crohn’s disease
- Rectal cancer
- Rectal polyps
- Rectal prolapse
- Small bowel cancer
- Small bowel obstruction Ulcerative colitis
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Minimally-invasive open surgery
- Da Vinci Robotic surgery
- Open surgery