Starting in September, 2018 Orthopedic Services of MMC will offer total joint, bone and muscle treatment right here in Ashland. From diagnosis to treatment, our team of local, full-time orthopedic specialists can offer comprehensive treatment with quality outcomes for you without ever leaving the area.
Leading the team are board certified and fellowship trained surgeons Dr. Justin Cummins and Dr. Joseph Signorelli. Dr. Cummins and Dr. Signorelli have been treating orthopedic and sports medicine patients in the Twin Ports area for nearly a decade and are now bringing their expertise to Ashland.
Our team of specialists can treat a variety of joint, bone, muscle, tendon and ligament ailments such as:
Total Hip Replacement
Hip ailments, such as pain and stiffness
Total Knee Replacement
Knee ailments, such as pain and stiffness
Rotator Cuff Repair
Shoulder ailments, such as pain and stiffness
And many others. Please call 715-685-6010 today to learn how we can help.
Why choose Orthopedic Services of MMC?
Our team of specialists takes a 1:1 approach to understanding your orthopedic goals. Often referred to as shared decision making, we take the time to listen to your concerns and together we will make a customized treatment plan that best fits your timeline and needs. This is just one more way we’re delivering customized, high quality care right here in the place we love.
Please know it is your choice to receive care right here in Ashland, regardless of where you receive primary care. Often times, we can see patients without a referral or ask your primary care doctor for a referral to Orthopedic Services of Memorial Medical Center.
How do I know if I need to see an orthopedic specialist?
Did you know there are hundreds of bones and joints in your body? When one of these quits working, it can cause a lot of discomfort. But, what are some key signs that the discomfort could be more serious? We’ve listed some of the most common signs it is time to see a specialist.
- You struggle to perform everyday activities: Some discomfort is common as you age but it should never prevent you from completing your daily activities, such as climbing stairs or walking your dog.
- You suffer from chronic pain: Minor discomfort is one thing. But, if you’ve experienced any single pain for more than 12-weeks, it is often defined as chronic pain. Often times, a treatment plan can help with this.
- You have a limited range of motion: Do you joints feel as though they are getting tighter and tighter? This limited range of motion may be signaling a joint disease such as arthritis. The earlier you see someone, the earlier you can create a treatment plan that can slow the progression of the disease.
- You are unstable when walking or standing: If you are shaky or wobbly when conducting basic positions such as standing, walking, sitting down or standing up, there may be something wrong with your joints. We can help you understand what’s causing this and work on correcting it.
- You have a soft tissue injury that is not improving: Examples of a soft tissue injury include a sprained ankle, twisted knee or busted wrist. If you are unsure you need to see someone, utilize the RICE method for two days to see if pain and swelling subsides. If it doesn’t, it may be more serious and time to schedule an appointment with a specialist as soon as possible.
If you are interested in learning more about how Orthopedic Services of MMC may help you, please call us today at 715-685-6010.