Hours: M-F; 8 am – 4:30 pm
The MMC Speech Therapy team provides comprehensive speech therapy, along with a multitude of services beyond speech, such as swallowing skills, communication and memory. Our highly trained specialists work with children and adults, both in-patient and out-patient.
Speech therapy specializes in treating patients who are recovering from a number of issues such as:
- Traumatic brain injury (including concussions)
- Neurogenic disorder
- Neurological disease (i.e. Parkinson’s, MS, etc.)
- Birth defect
- Developmental Disorder
- Motor Movement Disorder
- Process of aging
The goal of Speech therapy is to facilitate the patient to regain the highest level of independent function. Each patient’s treatment begins with an evaluation and customized comprehensive plan of treatment by our Speech Language Pathologist or Speech Therapist.
Some common skills our Speech Therapy patients may be working on include:
- Expressive and receptive communication
- Memory problems
- Swallowing issues (Dysphagie)
- Voice quality and strength
Our highly trained staff utilizes a variety of tools to assist patients in their rehabilitation journey. The following tools are often used to help patients regain the highest level of function:
- LSVT (Less Silverman Voice Training)
- Vital STIM Therapy (electro stim therapy used to address muscle weakness of the oral/pharyngeal muscles for speaking/articulation, eating, and drinking).
- XRAY Swallow Studies (X-ray study performed to assess the swallowing process of an individual).
We take an integrative approach to care, allowing you to receive multiple therapies and additional services all at one time. As a patient, you have a choice where you receive therapy. Please ask your physician for a referral or to learn more about the services we offer, please call 715-685-5482.