Medical information is confidential and protected by law. While the information belongs to the patient, Memorial Medical Center owns the record. The information can only be released with authorization from the patient or their legal guardian. The law requires that the authorization include the patient’s signature and the date the request is being authorized.
The Health Information Department maintains records for patients receiving care at Memorial Medical Center. The Medical Records office is located on the main floor of the hospital and is open 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
You may request your medical records by filling out an Information Release Form allowing us to release your private health information. You can mail, fax or hand deliver to the Medical Records Department. The Information Release Form can be found here, or you can pick a copy up in the Medical Records office.
Medical Records Department
1615 Maple Lane
Ashland, WI 54806
Due to the large volume of requests, record copies are not immediately available. Once the request has been received, it will take approximately 10 business days for the record to be photocopied and mailed to the address you provided. If you wish to pick up your records in person, please information the Medical Records Department when you request copies, and bring your photo ID with you when you come to pick them up. If you have questions, please call 715-685-5538.
MyChart offers patients personalized and secure on-line access to portions of their medical records. With MyChart you can:
- View your health summary from the MyChart electronic health record.
- View test results.
- Request medical appointments.
- Access trusted health information resources.
- Communicate electronically and securely with your medical care team.
MyChart is available to all MMC patients who received services after September 13, 2015. During registration you will be asked if you would like to establish a MyChart account. If you already have a record through Essentia Health, the same account will work at MMC.
Once you complete the MyChart Access Authorization form, an account will be set-up for you. You will receive a letter with your activation code and instructions for activating your MyChart account.
If you decide you’d like access to MyChart after your visit, please call 715-685-5500 and ask to speak to someone in registration regarding gaining access to MyChart.
Technical support for MyChart is available by calling toll-free (888) 868-9292.
New User? How to set up your MyChart account:
- Log on to the MyChart webpage
- Under New User? click “SIGN UP” .
- Enter your access code, social security number and date of birth. This information is only required once. The next time you log in, you will only need your MyChart username and password.
- Enter a MyChart User username. Choose one that is easy for you to remember. It must be between 5 and 14 characters with no symbols. Once selected, your MyChart username cannot be changed.
- Enter a password. Be sure to choose one that is easy to remember but hard for others to guess. It must be a minimum of 7 characters and contain at least one number and one letter.
- Select a password reset question. This will allow you to reset your password if you forget or want it changed. MMC will not have access to your MyChart password.
- Enter your email address. This will allow you to receive an email notification when new information is available in your MyChart account.
- You are now ready to start using MyChart!